• Page:

TOPIC: Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore

Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore 5 years 5 months ago #137840

• Mfsekk
  • Mfsekk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone direct me source an 8 inch rim with 3.19 center bore? I'm not able to source a new one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore 5 years 5 months ago #137916

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I've run into the same problem. Can't find those older rims anywhere. I purchased two new tires mounted on the newer rims with smaller holes. I'm going to use a divider and measure the distance from the lug hole to the opening on the older rim and then transfer that distance to the new rim. I'll then cut the hole larger using a grinder. Never did it before but I'll make it work.

Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore 5 years 5 months ago #137918

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I wonder if one of those hand operated large tapered reamers would work like I have seen electrical contractors use to evenly debur electrical conduit? I think it was larger than 2 inch diameter. I wonder if plumbing mechanical contractors have a similar tool to do the same? Do you know any trades people with a service truck? Might be worth a try to keep it centered and uniform. m.grainger.com/mobile/product/4A512?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955915862!!!s!461779184394!&ef_id=W8dO4gAAAAQ@9r83:20181017150154:s&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwaqYPd_G_Q5kHIzYy8Y6bKtficw8IaGs8BLmYZsD0oXN0Vh6ETMO2hoCG6oQAvD_BwE Here is a link to the Rigid tool. Pretty substantial and works well and pretty quickly on steel. Pricy for just one home project is why I mentioned the contractors. If you had an inside caliper, you could do it on the spot and never have to take the tool home. Just an alternative idea.

Dr.Go!

Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore 5 years 5 months ago #137922

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Nah, I like a challenge. I'll take pics when I do it in case someone else has the same issue.

Tire rim 8 inch with 3.19 bore 5 years 5 months ago #137924

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I have confidence in your mad skills, Cal. I know this isn’t your first rodeo lol. I was throwing it out there for others who might not have access to your knowledge and methods. You get more done in a day than I get done in a month. I made my to do list for winter marine projects. I noticed I have listed a lot of demolition on several projects. That means I better prioritize or I will have less working equipment in the spring. If I want to achieve the end results I want, I have to remember that going backwards and doing proper prep work is necessary or I won’t be happy and end up wasting more time. I have noticed over the years on your projects that you waste no time or at least very little. I haven’t mastered that yet.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat