• Page:

TOPIC: Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC

Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100120

• Jim L
  • Jim L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The time is approaching to change the oil and this thing is gonna be tough without getting it all down in the bilge. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated..The dark area behind the plug is the bilge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100131

Hey Jim, I thought I sent you a message but maybe I forgot to click submit. I just bought a unit that works well. It consists of a 5 1/2 quart container with a built in vacuum pump. It comes with 3 different size tubes. You select the tube that fits your dipstick pipe and insert it. You then give about 6 o7 pumps and start another project while it pumps your old oil out into itself in about 30 to 45 minutes. You then just pour the used oil out of the device into recycle containers and keep using it. The 1/4 inch tube fits my Ford 351 V8. It also has a Garden hose adapter that should pump the oil much quicker. You should be able to locate it on the internet or something similar. Mine is on the boat and not at hand. If you cant find one, let me know and I will get the information to you on the unit I purchased. Tom

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100137

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tom for telling me about the pump.I'm going to check on that and also the hose/drain plug adapter. First,I'm going to try to cut and shape an old long skinny plastic automatic tranny fluid funnel. "If" I can get the funnel to work, I'll throw up a pic. jim

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100139

i also used what i like to refer to as "count suckula" to drain the oil. it got about 90% of it pulled out. this is the one i have www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7201-Fluid-Evacuator-Plus/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1410703925&sr=1-13&keywords=suction+tool+gallon

then i layed a couple pig mats www.newpig.com/pig/US/pig-oil-only-absorbent-mat-pad-mat415?cm_cat=shop_by_product down in the bilge and pulled the drain plug.

i put one of these www.amazon.com/Fram-SD3-SureDrain-Access-Change/dp/B000BQY82E in the pan. i added about 5 feet of 3/8 fuel hose to the end you thread on to drain it so i can feed it out of the bilge plug hole and set a bucket on the ground to drain the oil into without making a huge mess.

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100141

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 9 years 6 months ago #100151

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I been using one of these for a dozen years. Not as convoluted as the other mentioned. Be lost with out it! Do the mowers, 4s OBs, I/O's, the M/Cs name it. Just warm the oil, shove in the right size hose, pump and its out fast. Won't get it out 100%, but that don't matter to me. Whats left is minimal.

www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7400-Liter-Fluid-Evacuator/dp/B000JFJM14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1410725876&sr=8-4&keywords=oil+extractor+pump

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 8 years 5 months ago #116539

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Jim L wrote:

Thanks Tom for telling me about the pump.I'm going to check on that and also the hose/drain plug adapter. First,I'm going to try to cut and shape an old long skinny plastic automatic tranny fluid funnel. "If" I can get the funnel to work, I'll throw up a pic. jim

I know this thread is long dead,but I said I'd post some pics of my po man's oil removal device. It actually worked good.

Re:Draining the crankcase oil out of my 165 MC 8 years 5 months ago #116545

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Yep, as a little ingenuity can solve anything!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)