Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Voltage regulator & tach wiring - '63 1000

Voltage regulator & tach wiring - '63 1000 13 years 4 months ago #23291

I don't have everything I need, but I got as much done as I can before picking up a few wire ends to finish the job.

This pic just shows the purple power wire where it hooks to the block on the side of the motor. This is on when the motor is on, which is what you want for the tach.

This next pic shows both red wires coming off the new voltage regulator (VR) tied into a #10 eyelet fitting. You can see it's mate coming off the front of the starter solenoid, and it also has a #10 eyelet fitting. These two wires will each attach to one or the other side of a 15 amp circuit breaker (auto-reset) that will attach where the VR is also attached. (I don't have the circuit breaker yet, but it's waiting for me at NAPA.) You can see I've clipped the wire ends of the yellow wires coming from the top of the motor and need to pick up a few female bullet ends to readily attach those to the two coming of the new VR. They both have male bullet ends. You can also see here that I have taped off the end of the red wire that used to go to the old rectifier.

Also you can see the gray tach pulse wire looking sort of attached, but I need a male bullet end to finish that up. The gray wire and purple wire are in a two prong fitting that is the last pic here. It's NAPA 755-1535.

The tach will be grounded at a ground block at the dash fed by a 10 ga. wire direct from the negative post of the battery. The gray and purple from the tach will of course go in the other side of the connector pictured above this spring when the weather improves enough to work on the boat.

That's it for now. I need to get to work on a few wiring things on my log splitter before we run out later today for a movie and dinner.

Enjoy your day folks!

Frank
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Done! 13 years 4 months ago #23347

finally...

Of course, the tach connector will be hidden inside. I only dragged it out to show it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)