Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1963 Glastron V143 JetFlite Restoration

1963 Glastron V143 JetFlite Restoration 3 months 1 week ago #139533

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 98
I'm smiling as I read your post. With your attention to minutia/detail my first guess was that you are an engineer of some sort. A good friend of mine is a retired mechanical engineer and he helps me set up art displays at our local village center. Just hanging a picture is a challenge to be undertaken. Sounds like you have your punch list all laid out. We'll be following your progress. In all my restorations the thought of weight never entered my mind. I like the aesthetics, and designs of the older classic boats. To incorporate your structural ideas along with the uniqueness of the boat itself is a combination hard to beat. Now you have me thinking if the designers in 50's and early 60's really knew that there was enough volume in the sealed chambers under seats and bow areas to keep not only the boat afloat but the boat and motor. Then again, that's what life jackets are for:)
Keep on truckin'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1963 Glastron V143 JetFlite Restoration 3 months 1 week ago #139537

Yep you gotta love engineers, we're an anal bunch. ;) She's coming along nicely and ought to be one tuff boat when you're done!

Bob

1963 Glastron V143 JetFlite Restoration 3 months 1 week ago #139542

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 98
I'm pragmatic, see a problem, fix it so it works and then come back later to clean up the mess.
The anal part...Funny you should use that expression. We'd make a good combo. I spent 38 years of my career as a master tech in a paper mill, I ran the huge building size machines that make toilet paper. Now that's something you cannot do without unless you grow corn. :P

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1967 Chris Craft Commander 31'
( / Boats)

1967 Chris Craft Commander 31'
08-25-2019

1961 Shell Lake Rocket
( / Boats)