Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another Craigslist First

Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9691

If you're in the Southwest you've probably seen the Dorsett Catalina for sale by a guy in Amarillo. It's been on for what seems like months. Price has been dropping and I finally sent him an inquiry email. This is his reply along with a photo of the "transom". I guess when you've been trying to sell a boat for as long as he has you'll do anything.

Fascinating...

i used to be as rich as you in a new truck and harley etc with a feild full of toys for someday ,, i have been dead a few times and each time not expected to live ,, i have lost everything ,,and i am starving to death ,, and i am selling everything i own to try to by noodles and anything to eat ,,, they still cant figure out why i am alive ,,or can look like i am alive ,,but still tell me i am dieing ,,soooooooo maybe you can be as destroyed as i am someday ,, lose everything you own ,, and have everyone make fun of you ,,, and just PRAY ...PRAY that their is ONE nice buyer in this world ,, but ,,,,maybe not ,,,and see my feelings ,,
this is a 17 cabin cruiser ,,dual 35 johnsons ,, need rubber seals installed the carbs ,,,, transom i was going to fix ,, now i dont have a anymoney to hardly eat so i cant fix the transom ,,,,,
sooooooooo i hope and pray god will tell you to help someone ,, ORRRRRRR to just laugh and hurt the sick and dieing ,, ,,, it would be in the water now if I was NOT that sick now,, have a god watching happy day ,,,,, and maybe i can have some food to eat ,,,
oh ,, do you have ,, or want the pics ????
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9694

Trade him a pallet of noodles.

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9696

Trade him a pallet of noodles.

Thats Funny...I have seen this seen this ad,but its on the other side of Texas from me..[/i][/b]

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9705

I messaged back and forth with this guy for a day or two. He sent me some other pix as media files showing the rest of the boat and trailer, I've seen a lot worse starting points for a restore. All the cabin glass is intact, the fly bridge glass is intact, the cushions are in the cabin, the steering wheel, gauges, horns, nav lighting, hardware and trim etc are all there. Trailer is rusty. More of a project than I wanted to take on to replace the transom. The guy sounds like a bit of a whack job but if he'll deliver it then it could be a good deal for someone. Let me know if you want to see the pix and I'll e-mail them to you. You can open the files using Windows pix and fax viewer.

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9711

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Someone put that thing in reverse with a rotten transom. OUCH!
Well, talk about sad case. I have found that people who talk like that, be there problem real or a sob story are not the kind of people I would deal with.
Manipulative I guess is the word.

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9718

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
yup manipulative..scam artist..hypocrite are the words that come to mind when i read that..

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9720

For what it's worth, $600.00 is what he's asking, the boat is sitting at 12511 S. Coulter in Amarillo, TX. As I said earlier HE sounds like a whack job, the boat may be a bargain. My dad spent most of his retirement picking up bargains from whack jobs that he'd then fix up and sell. Everything from Airstream Trailers to old Corvettes; there are a lot of whack jobs out there who are sitting on some pretty good stuff.

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9836

Hi all..I talked with this guy and from the brief conversation he seemed a bit sane, never mentioned any noodle though. I just don't know how one can completely rip the fiberglass off the transom like that just trying to remove the engines,,Or maybe he did it with a chain wrapped around his truck hitch??? As Jeff Foxworthy would say,,"you might be redneck if ??" Shame that happened though, looked like a decent boat otherwise.. No titles to the motors though, that would be tough getting them tagged..

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9840

Well,

From reading the fellow's response to you - all I can say is that I hope he is just having some fun. If he is serious, then this is very sad. Having personally been seriously ill & hospitalized a few times in my life, I honestly believe that the old saying "If you haven't got your health, not much else matters except you & God" Unless you haven't ever been seriously ill or financially destitute it's hard to understand the level of desperation one can feel. If his response is real, would someone with the contact info tell him to go to the local Churches or mission to get some help. there is help out there if you know where yo get it.

Social aspects asside, the boat looks like a complete waste, & if someone wants a nice Dorsett Catalina, let me know. Nice ones come up for sale a few times each year up here in Far Northern Calif. They rarely have much damage & have been used in fresh water only. Persoanlly, I think the Catalina is way too small for a cabin boat. Look for a San Juan, or even better a Mariner or Club Mariner.

Bruce

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9864

Dont worry about him Bruce - in my last email from him he talks about buying a Z28 for $500 and selling it for $29,000 - which means he's either a real hustler or he's a real whackjob.
Price is $500 per his CL posts around here and by me it's worth whatever you'd give for the trailer.

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9924

paul2112 wrote:

Hi all..I talked with this guy and from the brief conversation he seemed a bit sane, never mentioned any noodle though. I just don't know how one can completely rip the fiberglass off the transom like that just trying to remove the engines,,Or maybe he did it with a chain wrapped around his truck hitch??? As Jeff Foxworthy would say,,"you might be redneck if ??" Shame that happened though, looked like a decent boat otherwise.. No titles to the motors though, that would be tough getting them tagged..

Titles for outboards?!? I thought NYS was tough! Thankfully we don't need titles for outboards. Everything else under the sun...

Frank

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9930

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Heather wrote:

Manipulative I guess is the word.

Manipulative and disingenuous. Anyone that bent on laying down a screed about their misfortunes and God....... if they were serious about what they were saying or God, they would at least capitalize the "G", right?

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9938

PREDATOR

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9961

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds like a just wave, smile, and keep on going story.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Another Craigslist First 13 years 10 months ago #9962

Indeed - I sugggested to him that he part it out. He'll be able to buy more noodles that way :~)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)