Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Repairing a Lexan Windshield??

Repairing a Lexan Windshield?? 13 years 11 months ago #9033

I am restoring my 1959 Fiberglide runabout and I need to polish/clear-up its lexan windshield.

What is the best method and product to return the clarity and shine to an old windshield?
It is still somewhat transparent but it certainly needs to be cleared up.

Also is there some place that sells the old windshield gasket material?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Scottsman
Scottish by birth, American by law,
Texan by the grace of God.

Re:Repairing a Lexan Windshield?? 13 years 11 months ago #9039

Meguairs makes a plastic\plexi polish called Plast-x. Combine that with a dual action polisher with a polishing pad and it works FANTASTIC at polishing out old plexi windshields(or car headlights and a multitude of other plastic things). You wont get the really deep scratches out but it will remove the haze, give a good shine and clear them up substantially. Most auto parts stores, walmart, etc sell it...about 7 bucks for a bottle that will last you forever.

You can get your rubber from Wefco... www.wefcorubber.com/ Call them up and they will help you get the correct profile for your gasket.

Re:Repairing a Lexan Windshield?? 13 years 11 months ago #9044

Go to the home page of Fiberglassics and there is an article by John Gambill on repairing scratched windshields. Very informative. I've polished them out using automotive buffing compound with good results. Yours should be plexiglass and not lexan, but the process is the same.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)