Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Double Cockpits

Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8454

I have always loved the double cockpit styling of the old wood speedsters/Chris Crafts.

Besides the Glasspar Club Lido, does anyone know of other fiberglassics that had double cockpits?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1959 Owens
1958 Bellboy Banshee
1959 Glasspar G3
1960 Glasspar Citation

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8456

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard OldRyan.
I'm sure someone will chime in and help with this.
Good Luck,
Pete

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8475

The early Glasspar Club Lido.

I have no clue who belongs to this boat in the picture, but it was a picture I grabbed when I had a '57 Club Lido. I ended up passing the boat along to another enthusiats.

Andreas
Attachments:

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8483

Ryan - the Gar Wood Speedster was a single cockpit design, located in the back.
Attachments:

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8494

I have a penchant towards these types of boats as well. Some additional makers of fiberglass double cockpit / centerdeck style boats include Speed Queen, Larson, and Crosby. Lots more companies out there made walk-through models- the centerdeck, front-steering style isn't too convenient if you have to pull-start your outboard. Through they add quite a bit more challenge to a restoration, I like the style of integral molded seats as they add some uniqueness to the design of a particular model.

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8502

Here is my unknown double cockpit fiberglassic,13foot. Could be a one off thing, or maybe there are more.
Recent info says boats labeled Aquafleet might be related. Anybody have inormation on Aquafleet(or AquaFleet, Aqua Fleet)? They might have been a New England area builder.
Yes, stepping over white vinyl seats to pull start or tilt up the motor is a little inconvenient, and not easy on the seats.
Attachments:

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8729

Thanks for all the input guys. I would love to find one of those Club Lidos to ad to the collection some day! I imagine getting to the back in a hurry might be a stretch.

1959 Owens
1958 Bellboy Banshee
1959 Glasspar G3
1960 Glasspar Citation

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 11 months ago #8736

thompsonboat wrote:

The early Glasspar Club Lido.

I have no clue who belongs to this boat in the picture, but it was a picture I grabbed when I had a '57 Club Lido. I ended up passing the boat along to another enthusiats.

Andreas

I believe I am the current caretaker of this particular Club Lido. Currently the boat and my family is in the Muskoka Lakes region of Ontario, Canada on vacation. We spent several hours today cruising around Lake Rosseau and tomorrow will spend time on Lake Muskoka. It's wonderful up here!! :)

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 10 months ago #9736

I don't know where you are located. There is a '58 Glsspar double cockpit listed in Reno Craigs list, Date 2010-06-19, 3:37PM PDT.
The boat is located in Madera, CA. Good Luck.
old darb

Re:Double Cockpits 13 years 10 months ago #9740

dont forget the herters flying fish,this was bob beers,with ron manta ray beside it.if my memory serves me right(it usually doesnt)the herters rocket were double cockpit
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady