Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: boat values

boat values 13 years 10 months ago #8388

I reciently aquired a 1955? Fleetform and am trying to get a value on it before i start restoring. Does anyone have a good source for this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:boat values 13 years 10 months ago #8389

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome to FG, redbaron. There has been a great deal of discussion on boat values here, let me introduce you to a great tool that is available to all. If you will look in the upper, right hand corner of the screen you will see the Search Forum box. Just type in boat values, or what's it worth, and it will call up all the posts relating to this subject.

We have a member here who I believe does newer boat valuation for a living, but the older ones are pretty much a "whatever it's worth to you, or the buyer!"

Mark

Re:boat values 13 years 10 months ago #8410

If you assume it's worth nothing and start from there you can't go wrong. We, by and large, don't do this to come out and in fact there are only a handful of boats on which you can come out on if you restore them. You'll be upside down or even at best - even if you got the boat for free.

Watch Ebay - look at the boats that are similar to yours.
Watch Craigslist - same thing - look for similar boats to yours.
Restored boats of your type priced in the $1,500-1,800 range are going begging - and they're restored.

If you're going to use end out value as your guide when it comes to go/no-go on restoration then the answer is no-go without even seeing it.

But that's not the only reason to do this.Brain damage is perhaps the most common reason - just ask anybody here

Peter
in Denver

Re:boat values 13 years 10 months ago #8423

• emosun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Unless it's in beautiful mint or restored condition with a fantastic motor , then it's currently worth maybe 300$.

I've got all original fleetforms complete with motors for free before. It's hard telling people their glassic is near worthless in dollar value but it's true. This is really a hobby of love and obsession not profit gain.

If it was perfectly restored , I agree about 1,800$ maybe.

Re:boat values 13 years 10 months ago #8471

Thanks for the reply everyone. I understand what you are saying about the value of this boat. We had a cookout last night with family over and the new old boat was the center of attention! My father-in law calls it my "YACHT". It looks like one of those amusement park rides for little kids where there are 6 boats that go around in a circle! We had the best time joking about it and working on the motor. Kids were pretend driving and climbing all over it. She has already brought happiness to my home. I think she is a keeper. By the way, we got the motor started! If she does not sink when we put her in the lake today we are golden. Im hooked already! Happy boating!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)