Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question on Tell-Tale Tube

Question on Tell-Tale Tube 13 years 10 months ago #8156

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
When installing a "pee tube", do you need to use a special fitting where it comes out of the motor cowl? Would the 1/8" line need a restrictor or something, or could you just use a gromet and end the line just outside the cowling?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark

Re:Question on Tell-Tale Tube 13 years 10 months ago #8157

I didn't Mark, but I suppose ya could. I drilled a hole that was a slight interference fit, worked great until the motor quit running! :(

Frank

Re:Question on Tell-Tale Tube 13 years 10 months ago #8158

F - What happened?! I'm getting bits and pieces, but can't put your story together. Last I knew you were working to get the LU back on and were having gear problems. B

Re:Question on Tell-Tale Tube 13 years 10 months ago #8160

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Frank, I didn't want to bother you with it with all you're dealing with already on yours.

Recap for B, gear shift straightened out but 8 1/2 mph max, then started going to 5 grand immediately on start-up, now won't start at all. (Short version, hope I didn't leave anything out.)

Mark

Re:Question on Tell-Tale Tube 13 years 10 months ago #8162

crosbyboat wrote:

F - What happened?! I'm getting bits and pieces, but can't put your story together. Last I knew you were working to get the LU back on and were having gear problems. B

Good question B, I sure would like to know what happened. Long story short, I took it upon myself to change the impeller before I took the boat out, and it seems that was my fatal error. Whatever has happened to the motor rests squarely in my corner. The timing belt didn't break (just checked that), so next I'm getting a new primer bulb, maybe I'm not getting fuel. But I doubt that's the problem. Once I get the new fuel bulb, I'll check for spark. F

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)