• Page:

TOPIC: got the sunray bottom painted

got the sunray bottom painted 13 years 11 months ago #8129

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
today i got the sunray bottom painted,took a long time to mask it all,then i sanded down the clearcoat on the trailer that got rained on yesterday and clear coated it again today,ten minutes after i was done we had another cloud burst,i barely had time to put the compressor away,so after the sun came out i sanded it down for the third time and clearcoated the trailer again,ill take finished pics tommorrow.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:got the sunray bottom painted 13 years 11 months ago #8132

John that is twice I feel bad for your tough luck. Can't control the weather, but I hope the third time is a charm I was wondering what the bottom coat paints like, more like primer or flow out nice like paint.

Re:got the sunray bottom painted 13 years 11 months ago #8133

john, what kind of paint did you use?

Re:got the sunray bottom painted 13 years 10 months ago #8169

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
67 and ron i used acrilic urethane,its a 2 part system,it requires hardener,i think its 3 parts ureathane and 1 part harnener,i was calling it bottom paint because we ran out of the original paint and had to get paint in a hurry on memorial day at auto supermarket,its a little darker then the top,but i had no choice ,nobody else was open.
and it sprays well with just the hardener,no reducer required.it should hold up alright its what they paint mack trucks with,lol,its even called mack white.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'