Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lake N Sea all cleaned up

Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 11 months ago #7978

I bought this 59 Biscayne from Steve Stevenson (The Merc Kid) in 2006 and picked it up at the Tomahawk AOMCI meet. The boat is a true survivor with a good solid floor and NO rot whatsoever in the transom. When I got it home I stashed it at the "park and hide lot" and then 4 years slipped by! I am planning a trip to Peterborough Ont next weekend which will include a trip through the lift locks
( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_Lift_Lock ) and continuing up the river to Lakefield which is 5 more water locks upstream. We are joining another couple for the trip so I needed a boat with fairly comfortable seating for 4 and I prefer to front steer on longer trips so the cedar strip was out. My Feathercraft Ranger needs some transom work so I ran over to the "storage" yard and grabbed up the Lake N Sea. I had the boat very well tarped so it stayed out of the sun and weather but the gel coat was very dull and the interior was filthy. Over the last 2 days I hand buffed the entire boat, put on a good coat of wax, attached the Ontario registration #'s, mounted my 1961 Gale Sovereign and all it's accessories including dash plaque, rewired the running lights and took it for a test ride! A BIG thank you goes to my friend Richard who helped out for several hours (he's younger so I got him to do the under dash wiring) and joined me on the shake down run. The 35hp Gale (a survivor motor absolutely all original except for normal wear items) moved the boat along well and runs like new. Unfortunately I forgot the camera when we went to the lake but here are some pics I took after we got back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 11 months ago #7981

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That is one fine ride! Good luck on your trip and be safe.

Re:Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 11 months ago #7988

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks great! Hopefully my Lake N Sea will look 1/2 that good someday :)

Re:Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 11 months ago #8001

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Great job on the clean-up and repower Al! (My hands are still hurting from running the buffer on my Starflite for two days!) Looks good, another classic hits the water, gotta LUV it.

Mark

Re:Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 10 months ago #8287

I just bought one of these boats out in Illinois. Going to pick it up this weekend. What do I need to look for? I rear the brief history article, should I be scared? Dose anyone have any interior shots of a finished one? Where can I get a windshield?

Re:Lake N Sea all cleaned up 13 years 10 months ago #8314

Al,Nice Job.Another head turner.

Rick
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)