• Page:

TOPIC: glue for plastic sheeting

glue for plastic sheeting 13 years 11 months ago #7908

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am almost through with the partial floor replacement on the Aqua Ray. The floor has a vinyl sheet that was glued on to it. I am going to need to glue that back down and wonder what suggestions anyone has for glue.

1/4" oak plywood installed in 5 pieces. Joints filled with vinylester fairing compound and connected with strips of fiberglass. Edges and joints filled and faired with vinylester compound. Two layers of fiberglass cloth and resin. The third to go on today.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:glue for plastic sheeting 13 years 11 months ago #7958

Any general marine carpet & vinyl adhesive will normally work, no brand I have used stands out. The mfg will recomend what trowel notch size to use. I get the adhesive the same time and place I get the carpet or vinyl. It may depend on the vinyl & application. I bought this last winter www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98240_225004004_225000000_225004000_225-4-4 . to install in the King Cats flybridge & helm area. The mfg recomended using their solvent based adhesive for my application. Their adhesives are thinner and applied with roller. It was so cold here this winter I never got it installed. Now I need to wait till fall to have the time. I think it will work well, it is thinner than I expected and I might use some it in the Manta Ray. Vinyl will show high & lows much more than carpet. A very small stone or resin chip or ridge will cut thru the vinyl. I would not use exterior grade carpet & vinyl adhesive. A laminate roller is nice to have.

In the cockpit area I plan to use SeaDek for floor covering www.seadek.com/ Yes...it is peel n stick, but people I've talked to love it...the wetter it gets the better the grip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)