Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ?

Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ? 14 years 2 days ago #6971

You put in at Green River Utah - go down the Green River - then up the Colorado to Moab where you pull out. It's about 150 miles through Canyonlands National Park.
The organizers have your truck and trailer waiting for you in Moab...Hams provide communications... crash boats, fuel stops are all arranged...it's a chance to do something with your boat besides going around in a circle until the gas runs out...

www.ecso.com/friendship/

I'm up for it but I don't have anybody to go with...thought I'd see if anybody else was going.

Peter
Actually put in?
in Denver
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ? 13 years 10 months ago #9738

Is this an annual trip? It's a trip we'ld like to make in the future. Their rule no catamarans...no exceptions may be an issue. In the late `70s I worked near Flaming Gorge, made a few bike runs to S. Utah, great country!

Re:Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ? 13 years 10 months ago #9741

It's annual as long as the rivers have sufficient flow rates. THey have cancelled it and I think it was cancelled in 02 and 03 - I'm probably wrong about that but I remember reading that it was not held for two years in a row in the Naughts.

I didn't make it for a number of reasons but sure would like to next year.

Re:Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ? 13 years 10 months ago #9747

I live in Utah and you are correct. I believe there was a two or three year period where the water was not up enough to make it happen. Utah does have some cool country!
Wish I could go but as luck would have it, my boat wont float in her current condition. Maybe next year !!!!!!!

Mike Russon

Re:Anybody doing the Green River Cruise ? 13 years 10 months ago #9752

mrusson wrote:

Wish I could go but as luck would have it, my boat wont float in her current condition. Maybe next year !!!!!!!

Well, what did you expect? You cut it in half!!! :dry:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)