• Page:

TOPIC: Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s

Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6792

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm not sure the exact year our Manta Ray is `60-`62, have not found any numbers, bill of sale is '61. If they were on the transom...the transom was repaired a long time ago and may have been filled. The bow light in the pic is not the original, filled holes look to match a Sea Flair like yours. The motor Ser# is a late '61, but there are filled holes from a prior install. There are helm & control holes drilled on both sides. The port side it was clear a helm & control was installed for a long time, the stbd side looks as nothing was ever installed. The windshield brackets are plain...no CC logo.

If it did have a rear seat at one time it could not have been designed very well. This is a pic of what I started with in the rear seating area. There is no sign a seat was ever there.

If the back seat did just sit on this brace there is no sign of rear support. If it sat on blocks in the rear, mine has no scuff marks, it also may have been removed early in life...I'm just guessin'. I've not decided on what I'll do with seating, have a couple idea's bouncin' in my head. Have been working on the trailer & deck, should start on the hull in a couple weeks.

Any info you can pass on would be very welcome...thanx
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6796

this is how that should look and i'm pretty sure that it is the runabout model with the rear seat. but to make sure can you post a pic of the splashwell? ron
Attachments:

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6833

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
That is what I pictured the brace looking like. Is there any other support between the rear seat and floor? It looks like there were 2 hinges used. The splashwell is the larger so I was sure it is a runabout, just not sure of the year.

Do you have a pic of the brace that connects the 2 horns for the top of the front seat? Are there any aftermarket emblems available?...thanx

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6835

catfin,someone on here was making the custom craft emblems but i cant remember who it was,i will do a search and see if i can find out who it was.
ok,my seach didnt find anything,so start a new topic,"need custom craft emblems"im pretty sure you will get a responce from him,if not cc1000 will probably know who it was ,cc1000 is dave albertson.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6838

there is no other brace and yes hinges were attached to that. someone on the site has the logo mold as john said, but forget who.

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6842

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I remember seeing a post somewhere a while back about the CC emblems, before I got the boat, now can't find it. I spoke with a local guy that does CNC and he told me he could make a set in plastic or soft metal. Need to give him pics and sizes for a price quote...may be silly money tho...thanx

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6857

I believe Brian on CO made the replica emblems. Looked line a real pro job.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6903

One of the guys on NCC was making them. Do a search there and it should show up.

Better yet, here you go:
[url=http://http://www.nicklecityclassics.com/apps/forums/topics/show/585781]http://www.nicklecityclassics.com/apps/forums/topics/show/585781[/url]

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #6928

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanx guy's I've searched all the sites I know of with no luck. When the CNC guy gets back from vacation I'll get a price, would really like to get Ft. Lauderdale emblems.

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #7181

catfin,the guy making cc emblems ,is on nickle city classics,his name is brian,but he goes by the name "j-thad" on nickle city s site,the price was 15 bucks for the 1st one and 10 bucks for any additional ones.its been awhile though the prices may have changed.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #7195

soon as i heard the name (Brian) i remembered his last..Patch..he lives in Utah.

Re:Ron...Manta Ray Seating?s 13 years 11 months ago #7960

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanx for the info. The price seem very good. I'll have to get a message posted there. Sorry for the delay in reply, have been on the road trying to by the property next to our lake cottage in MI. It's an estate sale but the owner has mental issue's and always wants double our offer. Have been trying for 2 years now it's time to move on. We're headed to KY to look at some places on Rough River Lake soon. It's gonna be a busy summer...thanx again!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)