Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anybody Tried the Shurhold buffer?

Anybody Tried the Shurhold buffer? 13 years 11 months ago #6774

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
I just killed the second electric buffer in two years polishing the Starflite. To be fair, the first one (9" Sears) was at least ten years old, and had seen quite a bit of use. It gave up it's life doing the windshield on the Cutter Tornado. The most recent one was a used 10" Wen a buddy at work gave me, the gears in the DA just broke. (?)

Just wondering if anyone has tried out the new Surhold buffer I saw on "Ship Shape TV"? It looked like it may be easier to operate than the round ones I've been using. Man my hands are tired!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark

Re:Anybody Tried the Shurhold buffer? 13 years 11 months ago #6795

have not tryed one my self , but check this out.............

woosterken

Re:Anybody Tried the Shurhold buffer? 13 years 11 months ago #6802

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Ken. Think I'll price shop this to see who's got the best deal. 'Preciate your help.

Mark

Re:Anybody Tried the Shurhold buffer? 13 years 11 months ago #6850

Porter Cable 7424XP...its the professional detailers standard and will last forever. I just picked one up and its a night and day difference from my Craftsman orbital. This is truly a professional buffer\polisher and will do a MUCH better job than those cheapy large polishers you see at Sears, Autozone, etc.

Lowes sells the same model labeled as a 7346SP which just come with additional accessories and sells for 129 bucks(its labeled as a sander but its identical to the 7424). If you want to do any serious polishing or compounding, you will need to pick up a hook and loop backplate and additional pads. The pad it comes with works so-so for polishing and applying wax but you'll shred it quickly if you try to do any compounding\heavy polishing work.

There are several places online that sell complete kits that include EVERYTHING you need for compounding, polishing, glazing\sealing and waxing and everything in between for under 200 dollars.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)