Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: crosby boats

crosby boats 13 years 11 months ago #6767

can anybody tell me about how much a 1956 crosby aero marine is woth its in mint condition and running its ready for the water it has a running 35hp 1959 evinrude golden jubilee on it the dash plate says its a hoosier line cruisette its 16ft ill be posting pics soon im new here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:crosby boats 13 years 11 months ago #6770

If it is mint and all original as I define it:

original wood decks, all original trim (not pitted), windshield (not hazed), hardware (not pitted), lights (not pitted), wheel (not cracked), balsa core and plywood transom are solid as a rock, there is no stress cracking or spider webs in the gelcoat, original hull logos in place, no scratches or dings on the bottom and sides, and the motor has been gone through (has new electrics and the lower unit is serviced and resealed, and the carburator and fuel lines have been serviced/changed to handle 10% ethanal fuels), and the Cruise-a-Day tank is not scratched or rusted, the wiring harness and solenoid box are in good condition (wires not dry rotted and solenoid box not scratched), and the controls are the correct Evinrude Simplex (not scratched).....

Essentially if you'd swear you were in a marine show room in 1956, the right buyer might be willing to pay close to $10K. My experience is you'll get maybe half that. Mainly because, while I love Crosby boats (obviously), and they are a fantastic hull design, there is little in their design features that make them collectors items. Crosby made only one boat, the Sweptfin (which are quite rare) with fins. They made some early funky looking cruisers. I know Doug Young down in LA found one pulled up shore years back. Great old boat in very rough shape. So basically you've got a wonderfully preserved boat that could easily win an ACBS show, but is not, in my opinion, worth a whole lot of money.

I think you'll find your 16' hull is the same as the Capri model. Crosby, from my study, popped 14' and 16' hulls from their molds and then put different tops on the them. So the Seaquin, Capri, Cruisette, etc. all start with the same hull, but finish out very differently because of length of foredeck, seating, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)