Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 64 Correct Craft Skylark

64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 1 week ago #6439

Just pulled my old 64 Correct Craft Skylark back home. I sold it a couple years ago but the kids who purchased it finally gave up but they did have fun with it. They did cover the original gelcoat with a darker blue paint job. The did an alright job. The original gel was not pristine by any means so it is no real loss but I do like the original Sea Foam Green better. Well it is what it is and I got one hell of a deal and towed it home today. I still have photos of when I had it before and what it is like now. I will try to fix it up and I will be asking for help looking for some parts that they decided that they did not need but were almost impossible to find. I won't do that again. I may still resell the boat but not for awhile. The water in our lake is now under 100 ft from cresting. Wow, we have not seen water like this for a few years now. Oh, it's Lake Oroville. Love the place. Anyway I am looking for a nice old morse shifter or a dash mounted shifter which I actually had for the boat when I sold it and told them to install one or the other and not mess with the old Evinrude shifter. It's not even a single lever shifter. It works but looks ugly. Needs to go away. I will be looking for an original rear ski pull to replace the one that got ruined. It was old and looks like it had gotten busted. Anyway, I am happy to announce that I am back in Glassics Land. I'd love to go on an outing on the Sac river some day this summer too. I do most driving on Lake Oroville but I like Sac River too.

Pete :)

greenev.zapto.org/cc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 1 week ago #6441

Pete,
Great old boat!..... glad you got her back home! I have a few older Correct Crafts around, including a 64 American Skier with an Interceptor inline 6 banger.

How much of the boat got painted? what all do you need to complete it?

Good Luck!

Re:64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 1 week ago #6442

Just the deck but the sides need paint too. I can run the boat as it is now. I would like the dash shifter back and a foot throttle. I'd like to replace the rear Ski Pull and I'd like to have the seats replaced with correct versions. I am sure the dash is not quite correct but then again some had different gauges installed so some may be a tad different. I'd like to have the deck painted the original Sea Foam Green since the original gel coat is not super good. I would not try to redo original gel coating. That is a tough job even for an expert. I just want close to original and to go have fun. Not looking to do a full on restore for show. I like to play. This one is good for play. However the engine is 100% original and in very good condition. Lots of power and speed. The tranny is original too as is the shaft and prop. The shaft strut and rudder are correct OEM replacements.

Re:64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 1 week ago #6521

Started cleaning it out today. I found the problem that started the fire. It was old wires and a bum bilge pump. Those wires ran in the bilge and the pump had gotten melted. It must have been a fast hot fire. No glass damage. I got the extinguisher powder hosed off and the seats removed. The seats are bulky heavy and just plain not comfortable. I am going to replace the seats with light weight seats that are real seats instead of wood boxes with carpet over them. I have a few more wires to clean up and replace but I will be running the wiring up under the rails so no hot wires will be in the bilge except just at the pump area and those wires my be put into a rubber hose that will be accessed only from outside the bilge area. I will also use good quality wiring and will replace all the wiring and may be the gauges. I will be removing the floor deck and cleaning things out. I will be using new stainless screws. I need some OG parts if anyone has any for the CC. Let me know please.

Re:64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 1 week ago #6522

Pete,
Those original parts are probably going to be hard to find. Not to take anything away from this site, but have you ever been to

www.correctcraftfan.com/

It is exclusive to Correct Crafts, and caters to the older ones like we have. There are forums, reference, diaries, parts forsale, parts wanted, etc,..

Did your 64 have bucket seats originally?

Re:64 Correct Craft Skylark 14 years 6 days ago #6553

Yup, been a member for a few years now. Did that when I first got the boat. Great place. Getting deck pads too. Found the dealer in Florida where I got my replacement rudder and shaft strut too. OEM.

just thought some here might be able to help. I know parts will be hard to find

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)