Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine)

back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18232

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
we made it back and picked up my father in laws 40 hp 1963 johnson motor that tim calmes fixed for us,we got a tour of his new 130,000 sq.foot building,where hes goingto work on old motors and store boats for the winter,hes really coming along on it.
i also found this old wood and fiberglass runabout at the place we stayed ,its for sale im just not sure how much,if interested ill give them a call,im not sure what brand it i dont have much knowledge on wood boats ,but im thinking thompson?or maybe lyman? does anyone know for sure?it seemed in pretty good shape.

heck while we were there we visited my wifes relitives and i found one of my old oil paintings from 20 or so years ago,still hanging on their wall,that sure made me feel good,lol.look closly in the clouds.lol
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18236

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Nice old boat .. But I love your painting John ..Wish I could paint like that ..

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18237

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks bobo,i also used to airbrush scenes on cars,trucks and motorcycles,plus engrave scenes in the glass side windows.sorry about the nbr guys

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18240

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Beautiful painting, john-gibson. great detail. jim

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18241

wow, beautiful painting john. any pics of inside of tim's building.

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18244

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks jim and ron,
ron it was too dark for pics ,but boy its a huge building,lots of space.
im saving my pennies up,i asked tim to build me a 45 hp mercury for my cutter jet de velle,he had one there that needed work,i should have enough by next spring,john

---Mark Twain

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18245

John,
Outstanding painting! I wish I had that much talent!!!!!!! The boat looks like a Lyman from the way the bow looks but Andreas probably can tell much better than I can.

Bob

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18252

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Beautiful picture John, you truly are a man of many talents! Cool old "woodie", I've seen one very similar on my home lake here in GA. (Been trying to catch up with the guy to chat about it.) Love the look, they just exude character! I don't know diddly about wooden boats, but that's never stopped me before. LOL

Mark

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine 13 years 6 months ago #18255

John - I believe that boat is an early MFG. Probably has glass ribs and molded strakes. I've seen a few of them.

Brian

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18270

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks for the replys guys and the compliments,as for the boat i know he wants to sell,or should i sy his wife does,lol,if anyone is interested let me know and ill email you their #,by the way it looks like a nice old holsclaw triler too.its in perry ,ny.john

---Mark Twain

Re:back from NY and wood fg boat for sale(not mine) 13 years 6 months ago #18355

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
sorry about nbr but here is one of my sites with old oil paintings and glass/mirror engraving and wood carving.
hand-engraved-original-mirrors.webs.com/

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted