• Page:

TOPIC: A boating friend has passed...

A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18158

• classicfins
  • classicfins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Clyde Hagen passed away peacefully on Thursday morning. I will miss clyde. He was a great guy. Here is a copy of the obit.

Howard Clyde Hagen, Jr.
September 26, 1946 - October 21, 2010

Facts
Born: September 26, 1946
Place of Birth: Wichita, Kansas
Death: October 21, 2010
Place of Death: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Guestbook
Share your thoughts and memories in the guestbook.
Sign the guestbook
Read the guestbook

Biography
Howard Clyde Hagen, Jr., age 64, of Broken Arrow went to be with his Lord and Savior on early Thursday morning, October 21, 2010 at his residence with his loving family members at his bedside. Clyde had fought a long battle with leukemia. He was born on September 26, 1946 in Wichita, KS to Howard Clyde Hagen, Sr. and Verline Ward (Seaton) Williams.

Clyde was a loving husband, father, son, brother, grandfather and great grandfather to his family. He was employed by Exterran, Inc. as an engineering technician in Broken Arrow, OK. Clyde was a coach and manager in Broken Arrow Youth Baseball for a number of years. He enlisted in the United States Army on October 13, 1966 and was honorably discharged on October 11, 1968. Clyde and Deborah Kay Martin were married on December 19, 1975 in Stanton, TX. His true passion was collecting classic boats to restore. “The Find” was a thrill to share with his two sons and all his boating buddies. He loved his little cabin at Lake Tenkiller and will be remembered for the many times he shared together there with his family and friends.

Clyde is survived by his wife, Deborah Hagen of Broken Arrow, OK; his two sons, Charles David Hagen and Bryan Keith Hagen, both of Broken Arrow, OK; his daughter, Charla LaDair Hagen and Thomas Ashley of Niceville, FL; his adopted daughter, Kimberly Rodriguez of San Antonio, TX; his mother, Verline Williams of Broken Arrow, OK; his brother, Larry Hagen of Odessa, TX; his step-brother, Gary Hagen; his step-sister, Carla bolt; 5 grandchildren; 3 great grandchildren; and other relatives.

Clyde was preceded in death by his father, Howard Clyde Hagen, Sr.

There are no services planned for Clyde. Family and friends may send condolences to Clyde’s family online @ www.wrightfh.net . The family of Clyde Hagen, Jr. entrusted his care & cremation to Wright Funeral Home, 210 S. Broadway, Coweta, OK 74429, (918) 486-5515.

The family would like to express their deepest sincere appreciation for all the thoughts, prayers and acts of kindness from the family and friends that filled their hearts.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospitality Apartments, 7300 Bertner Ave., Houston, TX 77030 in memory of Howard Clyde Hagen.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18162

it's so sad to hear this news. my condolences to his family. ron

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18163

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thoughts and prayers for his family.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re: A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18165

Clyde,

I hope there are boats in heaven. Enjoy the ride, buddy.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18166

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Clear skies and calm waters forever Clyde, our condolences and sincere sympathy to your family and friends. You leave behind fond thoughts and kind memories, and many grateful people thankful for having known you from sharing your passions. Rest in Peace.

Mark

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18200

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry to here the Sad News .. I didnt know him but he Seems like he was one of the Good Ones ..

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18235

our deepest sympathy to clyde's family and friends ,you will be missed here clyde.you touched a lot of classic boaters lives,thank you my friend ,sincerly john and lorraine

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18260

May he ride in his Flying Fish forever.

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18544

I never met Clyde, but I did chat with him a few times to talk boats. He was always a nice fellow, and a straight shooter. He was collecting parts for his American Marc Stardust, and then he became ill. He is at peace now. Perhaps his son will take on the restoration of the Stardust someday.

Bruce

Re:A boating friend has passed... 13 years 6 months ago #18600

I knew it wasn't looking good but didn't know he passed.
I got to know Clyde as he had a Caribbean. We exchanged a lot of email in those days. I'm so glad I went to Red's OKCobra show last year as that's where Clyde and I had some face to face time.

He will be sorely missed...He was a good man and when all is said and done that's something we can only hope will be said of us.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)