• Page:

TOPIC: Shuffle up to Albany...........

Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17419

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
leavin for franks in the am. hopefully by afternoon my porpoising problem will be over or at least vastly improved with the installation of a flex-trim tab to the top of the tunnel. joe poole seems to think that this might work. the cost of this is well worth a shot. we'll see...ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flex tab on! 13 years 6 months ago #17435

No problem doing this, no customization necessary, easy to do. Thanks to Joe Poole, but we still have to see if it works

Report later...

Frank & Ron

With transom saver

Normal operating position

Attachments:

Re:Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17444

well we launched the boat and immediately we knew it didn't work. as i throttled up, the motor would just race with no forward propulsion. frank thinks that the trim tab was restricting water from getting to the prop and the prop wasn't biting. we're going to remove it tomorrow and take the boat out again. i will drop the motor another pin hole and see what happens. so we put the mantaray back on the trailer and we jumped in the powercat, and frank took us up to albany. the powercat rides smoothly with no bouncing. i'll post pics when i get home tomorrow. ron

Pics 13 years 6 months ago #17453

Ron & Sue

Gail

Twin Towers of the State Capitol ahead

Power Cattin around

Re:Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17459

back from breakfast. frank removed the trim tab and we're headed down to river now to test the merc in 2 hole. this is pretty much as far as i'm going to go with this. i'll just have to be satisfied with cruisin about 30mph without porpoising. ron

Re:Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17474

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
good news. dropping the pin another hole has stopped the porpoising by 95% but increased the waterfall somewhat in the splashwell. ya know what, i don't care its finally fun to ride at full throttle without gettin beat up. i turn 5000 rpm and franks son gps't me at 34mph. i realize lifting the merc up will probably get me to 40mph+, but like i said before i ain't doin it. oh btw the trim tab didn't work. it prevented water from reaching the prop. frank removed it and talked me into taking it out again. i was calling it quits. thanks for the encouragement frank and again for your warm hospitality. ron & sue
pics later

Re:Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17477

good for you ron ,im happy for you,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Shuffle up to Albany........... 13 years 6 months ago #17480

Yep, Ron did just fine. That old Manta Ray was justa flyin, looked great. Sure was good having him and Sue visit. Now all we need is both glassics working at the same time!

Frank

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)