• Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Lake N Sea Progress

1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17079

• retro54
  • retro54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well... I have been working on the Lake N Sea as time allows and have picked up a little bit of motivation for it as well.

The major push right now is to try and pull the transom out in one piece.. not sure if that will be possible, but will give it my best shot! Portions of the central transom has the consistancy of a wasps nest... needs replaced for sure, so I'll do what needs done.

The following are some pictures of the progress..

taking my time... marking the piece to remove above.. piece removed below.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17081

you can do it andy,wheres the pics?lol

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17082

• retro54
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you John... working hard... and to bring it all together... some pictures of the motivation..to be worked on shortly

controls that came with, being replaced with a 1958 johnson shroud

Re:1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17124

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Looking good! These pics are going to be VERY helpful to me when I start on mine, a 1961 Caribbean... I dont think I'm going to need to take the deck off mine, the transom is mostly solid, except for a few little areas around the drains. I got lucky.

Are you going to need to take the floor out?? My floor seems to be solid glass, no wood in it- And stringers seem OK, too- So I might just luck out all 'round... It would be such an EASY restore if that is the case.

Are you going to use the original color?

I love the motor, too- THat's the one I wanted on mine!

-Andrew

Re:1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17126

• retro54
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Andrew... (my name is Andy kinda funny)... no floor is very solid.. I am 280-300 lbs (workign on that) and feel no flex when I walk.. so I'm not touching it!

Trying to jsut take my time and not cut everything off until I know what to do..

Interesting fact... the louvers in the rear are hollow... the fiberglass follows the contour of the louvers in side the transom to, leaving horizontal voids in front of the plywood substrate... I had assumed they were some sort fo solid resin with a flange that was glassed into the transom rear.. Not so! and so we learn.. not sure how much I will get to it this week... more to follow in a week or two!

Re:1960 Lake N Sea Progress 13 years 6 months ago #17127

wow andy,your doing a wonderful job,a suggesttion you probaly are already doing is make a cardboard pattern of that transom,before you take it out,its a more complecated transom then most.
you really are doing a excellent job.john p.s.also mark on the template/pattern which is port and starbooard,they probaly vary some.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'