Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon

Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon 13 years 6 months ago #16830

Just bought a 21FT 1964 Dorsett "Farallon" with an inboard interceptor motor that has been sitting for 20+ years. looking for interior and exterior photos, sources for any manuals or publications on the actual boat itself. I found a source for the motor and drive but any info is definitely appreciated!
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon 13 years 6 months ago #16832

which interceptor/drive does it have?
I have a complete 1965 260 V8 with Eaton drive.... from a '65 Glaspar
There's not alot online about these drives.
Correct Craft and Donzi both used them.... as did others...but they are rare

Re:Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon 13 years 6 months ago #16872

im not sure of the model interceptor at the moment. tomorrow, im gonna look at the ser number on the engine block to figure that out. i found out this week that SN breaks out the CU in/HP and if its a reverse rotation. It does have an Eaton drive in it and serial plate is still on it. Was wondering if I can tell what model the drive is based on the info on the SN plate? Also, might you know where i can pick up the cable that runs through the transom and connects to the Eaton Outdrive? it and the throttle cable is frozen, outer cover is split. Hey, thanks for replying and thanks in advance for any information or help you can share.

Re:Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon 13 years 6 months ago #16873

The serial number for the engine should be on the front of the timing cover if it's a 165HP. It also can be stamped on the top of the transmission-mounting flange just in front of the bellhousing.
I don't know alot about these engines- I just researched mine a little to find out what I actually have.
Here's a PDF of how to "read" the serial number. It only goes to '62 but it works for later engines too(I do not have a list of the letter-codes).
www.raylinrestoration.com/BoatStuff/Interceptor/engine_number_id_small-17064.pdf

There is "some" info on Marineengine.com but not much. Most is for the earlier Y-block engines (292, 312) because they were used in some high-dollar boats.
I couldn't find much at all about the Eatons at all- either how to ID them, or what the serial numbers mean.

I have everything left for my setup- except the gauges. I have had it for sale (on and off)... as I don't think I'm ever going to get around to building a 50's style Mahogany Boat. It came from a fully-operational boat that had a tree fall on it.

www.raylinrestoration.com/BoatStuff/Interceptor/index.htm

Re:Help for a 1964 Dorsett 21ft Farallon 13 years 6 months ago #16875

Thanks for the great information and i will check those locations for stamping. i should find out tomorrow which engine it is once i put eyes on it. Im new at this game of boat rebuilding and do appreciate all and any advice i can get. Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)