Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: sea sprite 1966

sea sprite 1966 13 years 7 months ago #16608

Hi
I just bought a 1966 sea sprite and I would like to know what it look like when it was new,can anyone help me. I can't find anything on the internet,thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:sea sprite 1966 13 years 6 months ago #16630

Welcome aboard!

Head over to the Classic Library section here on this website. There are bunches of Sea Sprite brochures: www.fiberglassics.com/library/Sea_Sprite

Sea Sprite was the creation of Al Harding of Indianapolis, IN. He ran a marine dealership that sold boats, motors and trailers and marine accesories. He wanted his own brand of boats so he formed Sea Sprite about 1962. He did not have a manufacturing plant therefore he contracted with Glastex Co. of Monmouth, IL for them to make the Sea Sprite fiberglass boats. He was also having aluminum Sea Sprite's made by some other firm.

Bee Boat Co. of Paxton, IL was also making fiberglas boats for Sea Sprite.

About 1968 Harding was ready to retire and the relationship with Glastex was on rocky grounds. Harding sold the Sea Sprite brand to Melvin Redeker who was president of Bee Boat Co. Redeker left Bee Boat and took all the molds and tooling which was owned by Sea Sprite from both Glastex and Bee Boat and obtained production facilities at Crescent City, IL. For the first time Sea Sprite was making their own boats. Redeker owned Sea Sprite Boat Co. until 1984 when the firm was sold to Robert F. Smith.

Andreas

Re:sea sprite 1966 13 years 6 months ago #16715

Thank you so much,great info.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)