Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 Elgin Outboard 50hp 2stroke

1965 Elgin Outboard 50hp 2stroke 13 years 7 months ago #14876

I just recieved my Papa's 1965 Elgin Simpson/Sears 14ft Fibreglass Boat, and Motor which also is a Elgin/Chrysler 2 stroke 50 hp, with about 50 hours total water time, boat is in 95% condition, with all orginal parts, including the ski bar, was last on water 7 years ago, then winterized, and stored, I started it yesterday and runs well,justs needs a carb clean, and tune up,was wondering if anyone knows of these boats, and has any helpful info, or manual, I live in London, Ontario, Canada, and would love to know the value of this boat, and or anyone in the area that could tune and winterize this vintage boat, so me and my young boys can enjoy for another 45years,thank you in advance to anyone who maybe be able to help, as I am a first time boater,and owner!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1965 Elgin Outboard 50hp 2stroke 13 years 7 months ago #14949

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard s, and congrats on becoming a "new" Glassic owner! We have a few folks around here from up in your area, hopefully someone will suggest a good mechanic close to you. If you decide to tackle any of that yourself, please don't be afraid to ask for help here. We've got some really knowledgeable people who are glad to assist in any way possible. Take good care of that baby, and she'll provide the joy you're looking for. Please post some more pics when you get a chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted