Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Work. Play.

Work. Play. 13 years 8 months ago #14067

Got back to my front compartment. Spent some time glassing cloth to pieces, then got my hull piece glassed in so the door is flush with it. Need ss hinges and clasps to mount the door, gonna have to wait a bit. Obviously still needs finishing touches, but when I'm done will look original. Worked on that about all morning yesterday (day off), then ran a bunch of errands, got home after 4, took a quick ride on the Hudson. Hardly anybody out. That's the way to do it right? Work on da boat in the morning, ride in the afternoon!

I want to get this boat finished as I have another (non-boat) project waiting in the wings...

Enjoy your weekend all. We're off today to Geneva NY for a wedding, home tomorrow afternoon.

Frank

10 second video of motor going upstream

15 second video motor, me and the river

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Work 13 years 8 months ago #14405

Got the front compartment kitty haired today. Put on first coat, sanded, then filled with 2nd coat. Sand that, and then boat interior is ready to coat again with white epoxy. Got all the other glass work sanded - deck/hull seam, seat supports, etc. Once I sand this kitty hair, it will get washed out, then wiped down just before coating with Kleanz-Easy. Still need hardware to mount the compartment door, but it does well just as it is right now. Holds the anchor, and lighter stuff gets put on top.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)