Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page

New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #13917

Fiberglass Boat Construction and Repair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #13923

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome back Jamil.

Mark

Re:New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #13926

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a point to bring up about You and your tutorial's. For as long as I have participated in these forums I have met many great folks. Many who want to help and guide others in doing the best they can with a project they might be working on. Many who know what is right do offer help or advice and we are thankful however many helpful people also offer advice that while it makes since is not the best or just plain old wrong. YOU on the other hand have the knowledge and experience that very few have and even less are willing to offer any assistance let alone write a tutorial. Your writings are BY FAR THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. You have the skills to pay the bill's and hopefully everyone can study your writings. Even old dogs can learn new tricks so lets hope the majority will take note. You taking the time with your knowledge combined with your writing skills and writing up this GREAT series is the most UNSELFISH contribution I have ever seen. I want to just say thanks to you for letting it be known on fiberglassics. I also want to thank the other good folks who took the time to write up the articles we have enjoyed under the restoration pages to this point, thanks guy's and girls. You are the heart of this great classic fiber glass boating web site.
Jamil, I want to see you with 100+ karma points besides your name and I will personally do it my self if it takes me 3 months.
Thankyou for your unselfish deeds and your writings will live on far beyond our time here on this great planet we survive on, Mike

Re:New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #13937

Hear Hear!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #14001

New updates to the tutorial. The "fiberglass repair" section is now complete and I added a (probably) controversial section about bi-axial glass and why I think it is a waste of money.

This completes "Section One: Structural" of a comprehensive boat restoration tutorial. "Section Two: Transoms, Stringers, and Floors" will be next.

"Section Three: Cosmetic" will follow.

Re:New Tutorial On Research/Restoration Page 13 years 8 months ago #14007

Excellent stuff Jamil! Can't thank you enough.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)