Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New tow vehicle

New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13369

It's a long story, but suffice it to say our buddy Dave Cummings helped us pick up this '99 Honda Recon 250 this past weekend. This utility-type ATV is gonna make it real easy to move boats around the property. I already got a ball for it that fits all our hitches.

Dave also lent me a 3 blade stainless 20P cupped prop to try on the Power Cat, maybe tonight. Blade is cupped for bow lift, which is what I think I need. We'll see.

Got a bit more work to do on the boat, but it has to be evenings, as we're off to Massena NY this weekend for my 40th high school reunion, then off the next weekend to western NY for a wedding. The fun never ends...

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13381

wow,nice frank,i wish i had one.
have you thought to put the hitch on the front too,we did this with every garden tractor we ever owned and the mini back hoe,it makes it so much more easy to put the boat "exactly" where you want it,and you dont hae to keep turning around,and gives much more control of where you put your boat.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13383

Looks good but mine cost a lot less. Its a old Sears garden tractor. Even got it set up with a boom to pickup my big motors. It works great for moving tailers too.
Mike aka pathfinderz1
Attachments:

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13400

Hitch on the front is a great idea John, I'll have to look into that.

Mike, no money left our hands when we got this, so if yours cost less, apparently somebody paid you to take it. :)

Frank

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13401

ditto on what john said...ball on front is so much easier to manuever.
Attachments:

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13409

Long as I can find a hitch to put on the front of it.

Frank

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13410

Well it looks like we are even on price Mine came out of the dump. Now if you bring that out here we have 1000s of mile of back dirt road you can run that on.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13414

Gee Mike, I'm lucky to be able to afford gas to run it around my backyard! :laugh:

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13416

careful frank on running that up your inclined driveway. they flip over rather easy if goosed to much in 1st gear. learned from experience. i have a 250 honda. ron

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13421

frank i welded on a hitch reciever to the top of my bucket so i can put whatever hitch i want in it,i also welded next to it a large hook for using chain,to lift or pull with.you might be able to see it in this pic.i have different drop size hitches,from straiget out to 4 inch drops,plus my big hitch for my camper,it sems to work well,pay no attention to those 2 funny folks in the pic,lol,its my mom and ed gordon,her fiance.click on it and you can get a good look at it.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New tow vehicle 13 years 8 months ago #13428

great pic of them. ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)