Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 tomahawk

1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13317

hello, i have just aquired a 1959 tomahawk red & white looks just the one in the history section on this baot. it is in ment condition , any ideas as to what it is worth,any help would be appreciated. thanks mrdoc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13319

mrdoc,it would help to have pictures of your boat.
as for worth ,its all depends on condition of the boat,motor and trailer,its hard to put a price on any boat,its worth what someone is willing to pay,and how rare but more importantly,just how desirable it is to a collector or fellow boat enthusiest.
with that being said a tomahawk is a very nice boat and is a desireable boat,but like i said,its things like...is all the hardware there and in good condition,is the transom stillgood,is the floor solid,is the motor running and even what kind of trailer,boy im sounding like a jerk here,and im sorry for that,but im trying to let you know its very hard to put a value on a classic boat,sincerly john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13323

Pictures are a plus. You don't mention which model it is either. How did you decide it is a '59? Hope to hear more about it. I can tell you now that you won't get rich off selling the boat. It will not bring the money that some of the highly collectable boats with headlights and fins will bring. The fiberglass market is fickle.

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13352

thank you for your honesty, the boat is nearly mint condition as it was in a barn covered up all ther and everything works.not really wnating to sell it,just wanted to get an idea of how much to insure it for as i know it is a classic.when i get some pics of it i will share them with you,once again, thank you

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13354

not wanting to sell it,just trying to get an idea for insurance,its all ther and works,was covered up in a barn,engine runs,but needs a generator,overall baort and trailer need a good cleaning with lots of elbow grease,i will enjoy that.nobody wants to beleive me that i only gave $20.00 for the whole thing,lots of room to fix it up,as soon as i get the tittle i will know the model,thanx for your imput

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13360

I'd be very interested in pictures. Mine is still a work in progress and seeing an original would be helpful.
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1959 tomahawk 13 years 8 months ago #13363

Look forward to hearing and seeing more. Did you purchase from the original owner? Also, you can't always believe the title either. They are frequently wrong. But they provide information that helps confirm with other stuff. Once in a while you find all the documentation and the heavens part and angels sing. But in the end most find cool old boats and no clues to the mystery of what it is. Happy hunting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)