Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1972 Ouachita

1972 Ouachita 3 years 10 months ago #142677

Hey everyone! Thanks for adding me. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community. I wanted to introduce myself by sharing pics of my FiberGlassic. This is my 1972 Ouachita with a 50hp Johnson. Still runs like a champ when I take it out.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1972 Ouachita 3 years 10 months ago #142680

Excellent, great fishin' boat!

Bob

1972 Ouachita 3 years 10 months ago #142684

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome, good to have you here. Tell us a little more about the boat. Is that a steering stick on the port side.

1972 Ouachita 3 years 9 months ago #142696

Thanks! It is built for fishing and I have had many great trips with it.

1972 Ouachita 3 years 9 months ago #142697

Yes, that's a steering stick on the port side. Leaves plenty of floor space in front of me to stand and fish from the front seat.

My uncle bought this boat new in 1972. He took great care of it and always stored it inside when it wasn't on the water. In 2017 he handed it down to me as he was no longer able to use it. Pretty much everything you see in the picture is original which is a direct reflection of the care he gave to the boat. That bright shiny green carpet is the same carpet that was in the boat when he pulled it off the lot in 1972.

I am so thankful to him for letting me keep her on the water. My kids and I have had many great fishing trips and trips down the river.

1972 Ouachita 3 years 9 months ago #142702

Very nice boat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bdmann28

1972 Ouachita 3 years 9 months ago #142704

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167

bdmann28 wrote: Yes, that's a steering stick on the port side. Leaves plenty of floor space in front of me to stand and fish from the front seat.

My uncle bought this boat new in 1972. He took great care of it and always stored it inside when it wasn't on the water. In 2017 he handed it down to me as he was no longer able to use it. Pretty much everything you see in the picture is original which is a direct reflection of the care he gave to the boat. That bright shiny green carpet is the same carpet that was in the boat when he pulled it off the lot in 1972.
I am so thankful to him for letting me keep her on the water. My kids and I have had many great fishing trips and trips down the river.

What a great legacy. Shows what care and maintenance can preserve. Wonderful family ties, you are very fortunate.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6776 guests and no members online