Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Third trip out disaster !!!

Third trip out disaster !!! 3 years 9 months ago #142662

I was so hopped up about getting out again. got down to stop to get drinks and crackers and noticed the boat had shifted on the trailer front was scratched and the bow stop was bent off to one side bad. one of my tie down straps in the back was broken and the winch strap was broke tried to pull the boat back up and the winch wasn't doing anything ..ok the scratches were ok on to the lake. i wanted to see if i got the water leak problem fixed from the drain plug. got to the ramp climb up in the boat noticed the floor was slick. now i had a gas leak. gas was all over the floor i filled it up the day before. all the bouncing must have spilled gas from some where. backed it down in the lake. idles over to the dock, picked up my buddy and started out of the wake zone. got out into open water and shoot couldn't get it up on plane. 5000 rpm and only 20mph not enough time for water to fill the bilge. tried again started up and just stalled out. would not plane out. im disgusted by this time. got back to the ramp and took thirty minutes to load the boat. pulled the drain plug and water flowed out. so now i have a fuel leak. taking on water and the lower unit is messed up so i cat get up on plane still. it wasn't the water so i am so disgusted i might get out to look at it in a few weeks , but i have had enough for now. happy boating.

sad billy no pictures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Third trip out disaster !!! 3 years 9 months ago #142665

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Didja ever have one of THOSE days???? When it rains it pours.
What did your horoscope read that day :(
I think at one time or another we all have had one of those. See that woodie by my name? Launched it one day and by the time I parked the car/trailer and came back to the dock water was 4" over the floorboards. Those old timer woods have drain holes in the bilge under the floor, not in the transom. Looked like a 1" geyser. Only good thing about that day is it didn't sink entirely.
Chin up. Better days are coming.

Third trip out disaster !!! 3 years 9 months ago #142672

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
What is it with the third trip?? See my post on Short Boating Season. www.fiberglassics.com/forum/main-forum/132941-very-short-boating-season.html . On top of that my 2.5 HP Suzuki I have on my 12 ft dinghy won't run so it goes to the shop tomorrow. At least I can still row the dinghy (knock on wood!)

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt