Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How come the really unique boats are out East??

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141075

• O2_Kool
  • O2_Kool's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In my searching I have found a few unique boats but nothing like what I have seen in the mid to east coast. Out here in Kalifornia there are a lot of really nice classics but I am after very different boats of the late 50's and early 60's, ones with huge fins. I've found a couple in the southern Kali area but a little out of my price (like next to free :) ) Going to follow a lead this week in my town and see where it leads. Missed a 58 Whitehouse this last week by 5 days ( called and it was gone already)as it was listed differently than what I search on CL.
BTW I'd be happy to post findings for others interested in classics here in Kali for sale. Have a few Owens leads...my goodness, this becoming an addiction...my ADD is in full effect!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141076

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
They are all on the east coast for the same reason that the really nice mahogany runabouts and cruisers are in the Pacific Northwest. It's a conspiracy, most likely orchestrated by Democrats.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141081

• Larry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a couple finned boats that are available for $450 each.

You may contact me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks
Bakersfield, California

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141082

• O2_Kool
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the lead Larry. I would love to see some pictures sometime....I'm not in a big hurry right now to get one as I have a lot on my plate with the two I have now, finishing up paint on a 1937 Chrysler Airflow, just started a '36 Airflow and have a '34 CW Airflow limo after its done, an IH scout II and trying to get my 59 Chrysler on the road..and trying to put together a new shop, along with my regular job! (but have lots of time off) loonnggg days in my life right now. whew!
There is still a lot of unexplored area around me that is slowly popping up leads. Just found today an early G3 which I really would like to get but I think someone has already beat me to it.
You are about a 6-7 hour drive from me but will definitely keep you in mind if the pickings around here don't pan out.
Thanks
Brian

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141083

• O2_Kool
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Nautilus wrote: They are all on the east coast for the same reason that the really nice mahogany runabouts and cruisers are in the Pacific Northwest. It's a conspiracy, most likely orchestrated by Democrats.

<
ROFL
Made my day!

How come the really unique boats are out East?? 4 years 6 months ago #141102

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14

Nautilus wrote: They are all on the east coast for the same reason that the really nice mahogany runabouts and cruisers are in the Pacific Northwest. It's a conspiracy, most likely orchestrated by Democrats.

You're right and we want to keep it that way.

Hilarious!

Actually it's because you're looking in the wrong places. Up here in PACNW there is a Classic Boat Society that has a lot of those classics from the 50's and 60's with big fins and wild paint jobs, not to mention pretty girls to ride in them. There must be a similar group in California. Try Lake Tahoe, Lots off old classics there mostly wood but I've seen some plastic ones too.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6805 guests and no members online