Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Larson finned Falls Flyer

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 11 months ago #139556

Hello everybody, it's been a few years since the last time I was on the forum, back when I sold my Dorsett San Juan.
Now, I've just gotten the Falls Flyer that I've been leaving notes on and bugging the owner to sell me for literally 25 years, but it's definitely at the wrong time for me. Too much going on!
It's a fairly complete boat with a fairly good title and the 40 horse Scott McCullough is said to be in running condition. The trailer is functional but like the boat and motor, needs work.
I'm on the fence. Keep it till things cool down a little bit or sell it to somebody who really wants it now?
Anybody curious? Want to see more pictures? Read some details? Tell me I'm crazy to think of selling it just because I'm short of time right now?
The boat is in Eugene Oregon.
Thanks everybody! Allan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 11 months ago #139558

So you waited twenty five years to get this boat right.
Do you have storage for it?
Are you thinking you might let it go cause you need the money?
Is it more work than you thought?
Do you think your life will ever slow down enough to have time for the boat. Done or not.

Easy answer to your question is if you if you have storage this boat is a classic and will always sell. So put it away and let someone bug you for twenty five years to own it.

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 11 months ago #139574

Good advice, thank you! Yes, I have room to store it, don't need to sell it and it looks like it needs way less work that I thought it would. And, no, life/projects will probably never let up enough so that it rises up the list let alone to the top. I hate having projects around that I intend to get to but they sit untouched for years at a time. But you're absolutely right, there's nothing wrong with sitting on it for a while with no intention of working on it as long as it's stored well. I just never thought of that!

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 11 months ago #139602

Other side of the argument is that you are depriving another enthusiast of potentially returning this unique craft to its former glory to be shared with the entire boating community, JMO.

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 11 months ago #139604

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
In that case, I'm depriving about a dozen people since I have that many boats tucked away in storage. If they come to me with enough cash, they will be deprived no longer...same with Allan56, I'll bet.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 10 months ago #139618

True enough. But, I'm finding myself playing with it a little!
Anybody have any tail light lenses for this thing laying around? I have one that's faded and has a hole burned in the center from a bulb that was too big (asking for a blue dot I guess) and it would be great to try to match it. Or, how about any new ones being made, tricks to mold one?

Larson finned Falls Flyer 4 years 10 months ago #139636

I've seen tear drop tail lights on motorcycles. You may find something on the internet that looks close, that you'll like ? IF you can't find original. Originality is nice, but not always the best option. Remember it's your boat, do what you like with it ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6983 guests and one member online