Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OEM Flush 66 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 RDSL-28

OEM Flush 66 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 RDSL-28 4 years 10 months ago #139545

Trying to locate..aftermarket ear muff oblong does not work. Hard to cover all intakes.
Suggestions please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OEM Flush 66 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 RDSL-28 4 years 10 months ago #139561

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Please 'splain, Are you saying you want to run your motor with a garden hose but cannot properly get the muffs seated on the water intake??
What I've done was to take the round rubber muff and cut a section off it will fit over those holes.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsteinbauer

OEM Flush 66 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 RDSL-28 4 years 10 months ago #139565

Thanks for your response and apologize for not being clear. 20190514_101026.jpg[/attachment I do have the oblong ear muff flush attachment and it fits over what appears to be one water intake as you show in your photo. What appears to be another intake is located above the propeller. As I understand it, all other intakes need to be covered. See photos. The only way I know of to cover the second intake is to use duct tape and it does not seem to hold. I'm told there was an OEM one that covers all intakes but I've never seen one...or know if it's true. Just trying to flush properly as I plan to run newly acquired boat/motor in salt water in Florida. Understand option to use flush bag or garbage can but prefer not to if other viable option is possible.[attachment=51773]20190514_101026.jpg[/attachment I do have the oblong ear muff flush attachment and it fits over what appears to be one water intake as you show in your photo. What appears to be another intake is located above the propeller. As I understand it, all other intakes need to be covered. See photos. The only way I know of to cover the second intake is to use duct tape and it does not seem to hold. I'm told there was an OEM one that covers all intakes but I've never seen one...or know if it's true. Just trying to flush properly as I plan to run newly acquired boat/motor in salt water in Florida. Understand option to use flush bag or garbage can but prefer not to if other viable option is possible.
Attachments:

OEM Flush 66 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 RDSL-28 4 years 10 months ago #139566

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Gotcha. I never found it necessary to cover that skeg inflow while using a garden hose. Put your muffs where you usually do and run the motor. You should have sufficient water flow coming out the exhaust and the cylinder heads should be running cool. That skeg opening guarantees that water is being pushed through at running speed. The prop forces water in there while underway. I believe most household water pressure is around 40 - 60 psi and is quite sufficient enough to pass through the cooling passages for a flush. It'll be fine.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsteinbauer

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)