Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: looking for help from members

looking for help from members 5 years 1 month ago #138979

ok everyone knows my seats may be too high, so i drop the spacers and they are sitting on the 1/2" plywood bottom now only. they feel comfortable to me . i mocked them up from a buddies pontoon seats the only way to get enough seating for everyone. now i would like to ask if anyone or everyone can go out and measure your seats , i want to know how high the backs are from the top of the bottom cushion . i don't mind cutting 2 inches off the top of mine but i just don't want to be too low and feel like your falling back and not supporting your back. my bases are 10" and the plywood bottom is 1/2 my seat is about 4 inches thick so the top of my cushion is about 14 1/2" off the floor . with the spacer i had planned on raising the seat up 1' you could sit and not be to low. "knees in face"
if i cut the tops down. i could go with another 1/2" spacer and get my seats back up to ride height. i measured once and then cut a piece of wood to the lower height and sat down it hit lower but without padding i cant really tell where it will land on my back.
i would appreciate anything i can get. i mocked up the gas tank , and with everything coming together it all fit really good.

billy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

looking for help from members 5 years 1 month ago #138985

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Hey Capn'. I measured the seats on my Tomahawk that are molded into the hull. Not the same setup as you have but the height should be relative. The top of both the front and rear seats are around 14.5 - 15" from the top of the seat cushion. The top of the seat cushion is about 12 - 13" from the deck. Not really how high that matters but how much room to stretch out your legs when sitting. Pictures are fuzzy but you can figure it out.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cap-n billybob

looking for help from members 5 years 1 month ago #138999

ok i worked yesterday getting the seats and the gas tank lined up and while i had the seats back out i added a 2x4 to the seat bottom , to give me a better idea of where the back of the seat hits my back. i measured before and i have 17" from seat cushion to top of back.
i added the 2x4 and i got 15 1/2" inches and it felt ok. i am about 5ft. 7' so it may hit someone taller a little lower . i would like to have a few more different seat heights to get an average . i can cut an inch and a half out ,but if someone has 16" or higher it would be wrong. a couple more measurements would greatly help.

billy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)