• Page:

TOPIC: 2010 Harvey's Lake... Show report

2010 Harvey's Lake... Show report 13 years 8 months ago #12783

• retro54
  • retro54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well.. my dad and I made it to Harvey's lake, our first time at a classic boat show, and had a great time! WE had the pleasure of meeting Jon and Ron (Hope I got that right).. John your boat is looking great! fresh with the interior, it was really sharp, can't wait to see it on the water.

The show was nice, with almost an equal number of boats in the water as parked on shore. Also, the local outboard motor club chapter was there with a few motors and parts set up...

A majority of the boats present were wooden, with one aluminum and three fiberglassics present. My dad and I enjoy them all, so it was great to see the diveristy... the boat that stole my interest though was a sweet little 1960 Glaspar G3... my father and I met the owner, Bill, a local who was extremly generous with his time. what a nice boat it was, and was for sale, although, before the day was over, it seemed it found a new home... Bill was gracious enough to offer me a tour around the lake, and who was I to refuse! That Mark 500 sang and didn't miss a beat the whole way around the lake, and I was impressed with the handeling of the G3... what a great little boat!

hope everyone got home safe, and with out further adue... I have some pictures to post!

(I will post some selected pictures, and here is the link to the entire album
)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2010 Harvey's Lake... Show report 13 years 8 months ago #12794

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like they had a nice turnout, thanks for sharing the pics. One of the best parts of this "obsession" of ours is meeting the other people who share it, IMHO. I'll bet that ride in the G3 will stay in your memory forever. ;)

Mark

Re:2010 Harvey's Lake... Show report 13 years 8 months ago #12985

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Geez, retro, sorry I didn't get to meet you. I'm the owner of the lummie. I was hanging out with Ron and John, but must have wandered off when you stopped in. Good to know other glassics followers were there, just wish a few more fiberglass boats were there. Other years were better repressented, and I was hoping this year would have topped the others. -jim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)