Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to Me 1969 Volero 177 this year!

New to Me 1969 Volero 177 this year! 13 years 8 months ago #12722

Well Hello! :cheer:

I just picked up my 1969 Volero 177 this year! Its got, what Im told, a 1969 Mercury 1000 (100HP) motor on it. So far its been a GREAT boat that my family and I have been thoroughly enjoying! There are a few things that need work on it, after 41 years of course, but overall its in good condition. It seems like a real classic boat and I turn quite a few heads with it! had it out 7 times this year and have received multiple comments on the beauty of "that old boat" and amazement on how well the outboard starts. It starts on first try, almost immediately, every time *KNOCK* *KNOCK*!

The only significant issue with it is: 1 baseball sized soft spot in transom (ZOINKS, I know... big problem but so far its ok.) PO pulled the rotten wood out had filled with Marine tex, seems to be holding and not yet spreading but is something I need to address.

Otherwise its fun and boy does it FLY with that motor (fly's through gas as well but ZOOM!)

Anyways... Hiya! :lol:

ChucknDiscs
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New to Me 1969 Volero 177 this year! 13 years 8 months ago #12732

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard CnD. Please post some more pics of your boat when you get a chance, we'd love to see her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted