Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Deck hardware question.

Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12693

Hello, one more question....

I have looked and looked for these piece of deck hardware online and cant find it... I would like to order a new one... I call it a bow handle but maybe like the windshield moulding I am not searching for the right term. What would this part be called and any idea where to get one?

Thanks!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12713

WV,

I have a bow handle that is a little more angular than the one you show. It came off a 1958 Glen-L that has gone to the happy hunting ground. It has some pitting, but would clean up well. Let me know if this would work for you.
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12730

Thanks for the reply thetudor, but I dont see the picture, Al

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12733

Yes, you are correct, that's a bow handle. Unfortunately, these types of fittings haven't been produced in decades. You will need to either repair yours, or find a salvaged one. From time to time they do show up on ebay - some times new old stock. If you look, You will find one, but it may take some time.

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12747

The bow handle pictured in the first post was made by Perko. Perko is still around, but that bow handle is long out of production. If it's badly pitted, buffing and chrome polish might bring it back somewhat. Replating chrome is often very expensive and it's usually cheaper to buy new old stock (NOS).

Besides searching online for NOS hardware, try your local marinas and boat service shops (the ones that have been in business for many years), as well as flea markets and hardware closeout stores.

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12923

If that is a Whitehouse I see in the picture, I have an original (pitted) bow handle you can have. If you are looking for the lower rubber windscreen moulding, Taylor Made calls it deck channel.

Re:Deck hardware question. 13 years 8 months ago #12987

The bow handle pictured is about 12" long. The bow handles sold by Perco are 8" long with a similar shape. I have installed a Perco Bow Handle and I very happy with its looks.

Go to the Perco Web site www.perko.com/ in the search window type in Bow Handle. It is part #1234DPOCHR.

West Marine part #6595870

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin

This is the only Bow handle I have been able to find other than ebay.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)