• Page:

TOPIC: speaking of paint......

speaking of paint...... 13 years 9 months ago #12424

• Ponyboy
  • Ponyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been trying to buy some gold paint for 2 years. Every where I go I get the same answer.....We dont do that.... No one will mix anything I didnt buy there. No one will mix even oil base paint. Sherman wills...no, Lowes...no all other places I have been just say NO!WE DONT DO THAT....we have it in a spray can..... I dont want to use base coat clear coat auto. I would like to use interlux. Anyone have any I deas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 9 months ago #12427

Google Supermarine Paint. Check out the Revolution Series they have a gold listed on the color chart and will mix any color. Talk to them, they are good people. Wheels

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 9 months ago #12428

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 8 months ago #12804

• Ponyboy
  • Ponyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well normaly I wouldnt think of looking for boat paint at lowe's or sherwon but they both sell rustolem paint, and they make a very nice marine paint. At a cost you wouldnt believe

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 8 months ago #12808

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 8 months ago #12825

I usually use PPG Deltron polyurethane, available locally around you from paint jobbers. If you want colors, have a look at www.matrixsystem.com/ - they have some spectacular colors, especially in their f/x series.

Most jobbers will mix anything you want as long as you pay for it. Both PPG and Matrix systems have some outstanding golds, especially in the base coat/tinted clearcoat combinations.

You may get some comments that auto paints are different than marine paints - yes, SOME are. but a high performance polyurethane is suitable for either environment. We have painted many cruisers that are in brackish and salt water and the polyurethanes still have gloss after 10 years of in water use. I have found nothing that holds up to high performance polyurethanes. Check them out - you will be happy.

Re:speaking of paint...... 13 years 8 months ago #12828

wmlagna wrote:

I usually use PPG Deltron polyurethane, available locally around you from paint jobbers. If you want colors, have a look at www.matrixsystem.com/ - they have some spectacular colors, especially in their f/x series.

The only additional comment I have is to purchase a bottle of Flex-Additive and use as recommended. This additive is made especially for the urethane (plastic) bumper-covers used on most if not all modern cars.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)