Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls

1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 9 months ago #11503

Hello everybody; I'm Tony iv'e been restoring my Dorsett Catalina /w a 105 hp chrysler ob. I'm nearly done but for one problem, A few months ago i took apart the helm steering controls to build a new steering consol, well i forgot how to re assemble the thing, It's a Miekhaefer cable system model #25884
can any one help with a diagram or a photo of the assembled unit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 9 months ago #11557

Hi,
This is somewhat a guess from what is mentioned, but hopefully this will be helpful.

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
Attachments:

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 8 months ago #14145

That was just what i needed, Thank you!

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 8 months ago #14148

hi tony,nice to meet you,for future reference ,this is what i do,i have a terrible memory.
as i take apart any thing and even before ,i take digital pictures of what im working on,i usually lay them on a table in the order they go back together then take the picture.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 8 months ago #14194

Hi, John, It's nice to meet you too! I really do appreciate the help from you and Joe, I was starting to get a little worried that i would lose a part or two before i could find a solution, Fortunatly you guy's came to the rescue, I will take your advice about the camera , That could eliminate alot of problems down the line. THANKS Tony

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 8 months ago #14205

tony your welcome,unforunatly i learned that the hard way ,now i do it with everything ,especially wireing on a boat,house wiring is second nature to me,i used to build new homes,wiring a house is simple,but a outboard motor and its components can be a little more complicated,another trick i use if replacing wires ,(even spark plug wires)is to do them one at a time,or number them with masking tape and also do it to the connection point it belongs to.
like i said i have a very bad memory,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960? Dorsett Catalina, outboard steering controls 13 years 8 months ago #14216

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dont worry Folks. Been there done that. I spent alot of time uploading pics to help out people in a bind such as this. View this thread in the posted link to see a step by step. Hope this helps, Its at the end of this thread below, Mike

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/main-forum/quicksilver-steering-wheel#13427

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)