Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sweet little ride!

Sweet little ride! 13 years 10 months ago #11050

Just found this little gem on kijiji. I would SERIOUSLY consider buying it except for the large price tag. Then again, I am a NEWBIE without much knowledge on evaluating fair market value. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Neat story associated with the boat.

halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-1959-Red-Fish-Shark-Capri-Speed-Boat-W0QQAdIdZ215685223

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sweet little ride! 13 years 10 months ago #11051

Very rare model - incorrect motor - if it's original it's probably the nicest example out there. Interesting story if verified.

That's a heck of a lot of money. I'd bet on Ebay it'd top out around $3,750

Found this one in California - rough but complete - probably $1,250 or so.
Attachments:

Re:Sweet little ride! 13 years 10 months ago #11197

Hmmmm. Yes, I was thinking the guy was asking way too much. Can't blame him for trying though.
I could probably bring myself to pay around 3,500-4,000 for her.
Thank you for your response.
Andrew

Re:Sweet little ride! 13 years 8 months ago #13903

So I have a new (old) boat sitting in my driveway!
I managed to talk the guy way down in price and purchased the boat without the motor for what I believe to be quite a reasonable price.
I am pretty excited about this find, and am now convinced it will need a complete restoration to bring it back to it's original glory. It will be a long term project for me. I need to get a copy of Jim Andersons "Runabout Renovation" book.

Not really knowing where to start, I aim to compartmentalize the project into phases and begin that way. Major items for action are:
Finding replacement rub rail, original windshield and (Attwood?) steering wheel. If anyone comes across these items for a '59 Shark Capri let me know!

The floor also is showing signs of rot, so a complete breakdown and rebuild of the hull will be required.
Question: I believe the hull has been painted previously with automotive paint. It is now showing minor signs of blistering and has a bit of an alligator skin feel to it in some places. Is this a naturally occurrence on these old boats if the wrong paint was applied?
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)