Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go!

Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10126

Got the boat on the trailer this a.m., need to tie it down. Threw the transom Brian Lawson built for it in, plus the inner transom glass skin. I believe Brian has other stuff going with it we'll get in it and secure for the relay south whenever yer ready.

Boat fits the trailer almost perfect, but could probably put another sheet of plywood on so it didn't touch the fenders. I'll play with that a bit, and also shorten the winch stand 3 or 4" so the entire boat comes up on the trailer with room to spare at the winch.

Frank.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10156

true to my word...

Attachments:

Re:Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10192

Look's great Frank! I've been at the lake for the last 3 days so I didn't have internet acess. Well, actually we did, I just didn't turn on the computer or the cell phone. lol

I am still working on some options of getting a hitch part way south, but may end up making the trip myself. Who knows... We';; see what happens. Thanks again for all the effort. Wonder if my little Chevy Caviler would tow that thing ok? Tows my Lone Star Lummie just great, but I'm not sure what the weight would be on the Manta.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10194

Hmmmm, Chevy Cavalier huh Doug? This little Ship Mate trailer doesn't weigh much, but my son and I have a hard time together lifting the hull. No problem with the deck. Without a motor, it's gotta be well under a 1,000#s all together, which might work fine with your Cavalier. You're in the south right, so it's all downhill anyways! :laugh:

I keep forgetting to check the tires, but they're new within the last couple years and I'm almost positive they're 12". I rebuilt the hubs when I re-did the trailer years ago, and it's not been used much, but I'll check 'em again before you come up. the trailer is legally registered, and the lights work the way they're supposed to.

Lemme know,

Frank

Re:Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10195

the manta weighs in the 400 lb range.

Re:Classicfins - Manta Ray almost ready to go! 13 years 10 months ago #10200

Yup, 4.80 X 12 tires.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)