• Page:

TOPIC: 1959 G3 Emblem

1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48519

• RJW
  • RJW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am looking for an emblem for a 1959 G3 (we have one on the boat).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48680

Dick, are you referring to the G3 starburst on the hull proper (alongside the cockpit) or the 'Glasspar' name at the rear of the sponsons?
Ken

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48731

• RJW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Ken,

The Starburst on the hull. We have one that is in fair shape, but trying to find one more. I know they are rare.
Thanks for responding.

Dick

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48965

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Dick, CONGRATS, WELCOME.. Yes, you were told correct .. The starburst , Medalion was used 59 - maybe 64 (?) . The 59 had DECAL on rear sponson.. I brought home a boat on Friday, & found the SERIAL # Today .. Happy Camper..

Can you share info with me or pic of your .?? Chattanooga , Tn

Wonder how many 59's have been found. ?

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48985

Split,

What year is yours? I also have a '59. Fortunately mine had both of the starburst emblems. It also had the reminants of the sponson decals, but through a round-about way, I obtained the '59 sponson decal artwork that Ken (downunder) created, and my decal guy produced them.
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48987

• RJW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Split,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not having great success getting a picture attached to this message. The boat is currently in pieces, but if you're interested in how it looked when I got it, send me your email and I'll send a few original photos including one of the medallion. Don't know how many 59's are around. This one was manufactured out of Olympia and spent most of it's time in Texas.

Dick

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48988

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes Ken did a wonderful job on getting the decal as close as possible and Dean got it finished up real nice :)
Spits, no g3's were made or sold as '64's. Think of '64 as a leap year for g3,lol

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #48990

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
GUYS.: I guess I was in a rush earlier..The White one I brought home friday is a 59. Has the outline of the side rear sponson DECALS. .. Flat front floor under the deck.. NO holes for the Logo name on the center vertical back brace.. AND as of this afternoon ,
the special large hidden fender washer , with the CODE recess stamped into ...Built here in NASHVILLE, as I am in east Tenn & found in farm driveway 50 miles North .. 13 X N -9 - 020x..
NO windshield.. came with small Orage trailer (?) no id ...
& 1973 Merc Short shaft, 4 cyl.,, Also the white rub rail . Maybe a Nashville thing .?? MY friend got a barn find 59 in West Chatt this summer , NICE DECALS, also white rub rail.. YES, I have both side starburst ,MEDALIONS, front GRAB rail bars.. Never had front or rear Nav light mounted, no holes in deck .. Same as my Georgia friend got 2 owner 1961 & NO holes drilled for Nav lights.
....... .

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 12 years 5 months ago #49004

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That g3 looks like a nice find. When the light is good could you take a close-up pic of your ID. washer thingy under CD:) is it on the port side. I've only seen the one that was posted years ago and have it on file as do a couple others. The white rub rail seems to have been a trend for '59. I think I have a '59 with white RR but need to check more closely to make sure its a '59... :unsure:

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 12 years 5 months ago #49078

I have available digital files (in vector format) to reproduce the G3 starburst and the 1959 G3 sponson decal.
These are free for owners of a G3 for their personal use only, not for resale or for commercial or profit-making purposes.
These items are no longer manufactured and are unavailable unless salvaged from a parted out hull.
I believe the decals were originally either a slide-on or silk-screened on to the sponsons.

I respect that there is probably copyright ownership somewhere of these original 50-year old items, but if they are unavailable I see no problem in giving these files to enthusiasts who wish to complete their restoration. They are about 99% correct and exact.
Attached pics show what the finished items look like, but are jpegs not the vector files needed to reproduce them.
If you want the vector files, just email me and I will send them to you.
Ken.
Attachments:

Re:G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 12 years 5 months ago #49081

Ken,

Did you have your starburst vector art CNC machined into the emblems? They look perfect! Are you able to get more made? I have the stock emblems, but they dont polish up well... I think they are made out of zinc/pot metal... I really wanted to have them buffed up as shiney as my cast aluminum pieces and rub rail. I am not afraid of postage from down-under. :cheer:

Dean
Attachments:

Re:G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 12 years 5 months ago #49082

Yes Dean. Mine were damaged and I used one to create the file and had them machined out of 3mm thick material. That was about 3+ years ago and the machinist is about 1-1/2 hours away, and they were expensive. I have since found other shops who can do it. It was done on a CNC style computer controlled mill by a signmaker. Most signmakers of a reasonable size have this equipment now - I saw one when in Orlando in 2009.
I know a few people have had them done in the US from the same file at about 1/4 of what I paid. If there is a next time I would get them done in stainless steel, but the shop I used could not get the SS. They used aluminium which I had chromed - not perfect but I have complete undamaged starbursts now.
Ken.

Re:G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 12 years 5 months ago #49085

I really like the early style starburst much better than the later logo design,...So

I asked good ole Dean to make me up a set of starburst decals for Wild Thanggg.
I really like 'em!
If I ever stumbled across a nice set of original starburst castings or could afford some fancy stainless steel ones - I would 'sport' them on Wild Thanggg rather than the logo that is the correct one.
I have a pal with a CNC that could probably bang out some if I had that program Ken.
I will send you an e-mail.
Thom
Attachments:

Re:G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 10 years 4 months ago #86526

Downunder
Do you still have necessary files to reproduce G3 trim markings? I have just started a 1959 S/N G3A 9050 that I found last week ( 11-11-13). Any help or suggestions you have are appreciated. This is my first one.
Regards, Jim
Attachments:

Re:G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 10 years 4 months ago #86527

Jim,
Congratulations on getting a G3. You will love it.
Files are still available, send me your email address via PM and I will send them to you.
Ken.

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 10 years 4 months ago #86626

Jim:

If you are looking for some G-3 Starburst Emblems, we have a member in our "East Coast Glasspar Owners Association" that had a company make some real nice ones for him. I would be glad to contact our member for you and forward the info to you if you are interested.

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 10 years 4 months ago #86639

Hey Jim, congrats!!!

You have hull #50 out of Santa Ana... I have #225. I have a source in California that cuts the sponson decals from Downunder's files (thanks again Ken!)... he did mine and a few others for around $25 for a set.
Attachments:

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 10 years 4 months ago #86666

Jim,
Files sent.
I would suggest you follow up Dean's lead ... $25 for a set of two sounds good to me ... the man has done them before which saves you time finding someone.
Hope your restoration is satisfying.
Ken

G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 5 years 7 months ago #137437

I am restoring a Glasspar G3(1965)
You can send me those files of the emblems
a friend of mine has a 3D printer then I can print them

Thank you in advance Rob Mennen the netherlands

G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 5 years 6 months ago #137749

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Rob, The emblem they are speaking of is the 59 to 61 g3 emblem. Your 65 like my 67 have a different emblem. There should be an example in the glassic library on this site.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 5 years 6 months ago #137782

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Please follow this link to the sale lit on the 65 g3, located in the glassic library.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=File:Glassparb65005.jpg
The emblem is black with sliver highlights on the numbers. There is also a little 3 inside the g of Glasspar.
Hope this helps.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:1959 G3 Emblem 5 years 6 months ago #137885

I would love information on anyone that could hook me up with a couple of G3 starbust emblems!

G3 starburst and 1959 sponson decal 4 years 3 weeks ago #141998

Hi Ken!

I am in the middle of a G3 Restoration myself and would love to get the Vector files for these if you still have them!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7569 guests and one member online