Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® Mid-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanting more info on my new (old) boat

Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 9 years 11 months ago #93086

Hi new to the fourm. Recently traded boat to a co-worker. Traded my alum. 12ft paddle boat for this a Span boat. From what I can tell it says made in cameron wis. So thinking it a 64 and newer. The motor is a 66 evinrude lark 8 40hp. The boat tags says 2012 last time it was regesterd which makes me think it in better shape. I done some work to it and the trailer so. Going keep going with it. This is my first real boat and my first gas engine too. Been a car mechanic for 8 years so hope it nothing to complex.

Also there only on tag on the boat still that has the number 1368 on small tag on the transom. All the pictures and info I found looks like it a buccneer but haven't seen another one that hasn't had the color matched on the sides where mine white with the black. My seats which I've got both are back to back style and fold completely flat.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 9 years 11 months ago #93087

more pics
Attachments:

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 9 years 11 months ago #93088

dash view
Attachments:

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 9 years 11 months ago #93115

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
welcome, your boat looks to be in great shape and should not take too much to get her in the water, keep posting pic's as we all like pic's. lol frog p/s glad to see more people from around my area, now I don't seem so lonely. lol

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 9 years 11 months ago #93308

Well work on it a little bit this last sat. Got the flywheel off so I reattach the spark plug wire. changed plugs and but in a garbage can to try and start it. My battery died by the time it would start to fire. Did have it somewhat running for 20 seconds :)

Also meaure the center line of the boat came up with that not even 14 ft so it not a buccneer it short about a foot. Still looking for more info.

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 8 years 11 months ago #108728

Other than the trim that it appears is on the side, your boat looks like a clone of the 'bomber. Ours is a Sea King, though, and I read that many companies (including Span America) provided boats for Wards.

One other difference is the rear of my floor by the transom is divided into 3 compartments.

Thanks for the pictures!

Jay

Re:Wanting more info on my new (old) boat 8 years 10 months ago #109136

Hi Dustin,

WARNING!! You may already know this but the most ticketed boat related by the DNR is no battery box, cover, or not tied down.

Nice looking boat. You are only 1 1/2 hrs south of me I would like to see you on the water sometime, perhaps one of the Tomahawk meets this year.

Good luck with your project, Gene

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)