• Page:

TOPIC: How About A 1958 Alumacraft

How About A 1958 Alumacraft 14 years 1 month ago #1003

• Beachboy
  • Beachboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a 52 year-old 18 foot Alumacraft riveted aluminum runabout that is in remarkably good condition. I've owned her for about 6 months now and picked her up to convert into a center console fishing boat.

This boat was last used as a commuter for a guy who lived on Lopez Island (San Juan Islands) in NW washington State. He had been running a forty hp Yamaha on it, but thought that motor was too big so he swapped it out for a Honda 25.

I think he had it right the first time, so I've now put a 40 hp Johnson on it. The boat is vintage, but the Johnson is anything but. 1993 electric start w/power tilt and trim. Added a 52 lb. thrust Minn-kota for trolling. tele-flex single cable steering.

I replaced the floor, new carpeting, 42" console, reclining upholstered bench seat, new hunter green paint, soon she'll have twin Penn downriggers, rod holders, hummingbird fishfinder, and VHF radio. There is a huge Igloo fish locker tucked up under the bow.

This is one well suited fish'n boat. Anybody else have some vintage tin?

Beachboy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How About A 1958 Alumacraft 14 years 1 month ago #1010

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1960. It has a 45Hp on it and makes about 33 MPH. They are bullet proof old boats. I should know,I have given my T-total hell over the years and she always bounces back and keeps on ticking. It's so low in the water that it feels like your flying at only 25 MPH up a narrow channel in the creek. I use mine in Hatchet Creek becasue of the 6" draft. We have skied off it, Fished off it and swam off it and got drunk and fell off it.
Attachments:

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:How About A 1958 Alumacraft 13 years 9 months ago #8064

Here is a 1966 16' Alumacraft which I believe is a K model. Currently running a 1957 Johnson 35 electric start, model RDE-19 on it. Boat was brought back from He** and took a while to get it to where it is now. [img] [img]http://fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0767.jpg
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)