Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1974 Glastron Carlson CV21

Re:1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 4 months 16 hours ago #130520

Thanks guys , when i had my GT160 it always got a ton of attention . There's just something about the old boats that the new ones cant compete with who cares if new boats have bluetooth /USB ports and a built in cooler, ah phooey mine has a big block Oldsmobile with open exhaust and tons of metal flake and polished aluminum lol .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 1 month 3 weeks ago #131561

First time its seen the light of day this year , the motor is getting sent off to the machine shop this week for a tear down , inspection and mild rebuild .

Re:1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 1 month 3 weeks ago #131562

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Looks really great. That style never goes out of date. The others would gladly give up the bluetooth if they had one of those. Consider it adding to the water level when they drool all over their cookie cutter plastic stamp outs.

1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 1 month 3 weeks ago #131571

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Simply love it. Once I saw the Glastron sponsored "Live and let die " Bond movie, I loved watching for all "Bond" featured boats throughout the summer. Any plans for 8 pipes sticking up?... just kidding. You Rocked that restoration!!

Dr.Go!

1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 1 month 1 week ago #131861

The good the not so good and the ugly . The good the crank will only need .010 under grind , the is just your original run of the mill 1970 455 that hasn't been taken apart and doesn't have any cracks yea ! The not so good is hole number three has some pitting from it sitting for so many years , the machinist thinks a .060 bore will remove them if not it will have to be sleeved and the block decked "cha ching" . The ugly , the heads are your run of the mill 2.00 intake nothing special heads that need a complete overhaul that have already been worked on as in knurled guides and they're warped to boot . I'm going to focus on getting the block done with new forged pistons (gonna try to get at least 9 to 1 ) , forged rods , a more aggressive cam and lifters . The next thing will be aluminum heads with 2.075 intakes the adjustable rockers . I'm kicking myself in the arse for selling my little 160 .

1974 Glastron Carlson CV21 2 weeks 3 days ago #132279

The engine parts are startin to trickle in , just got the forged H beam rods , timing gears and chain , the forged flat top pistons are on a truck somewhere on their way here . I had the machinist sleeve number three, that way im keeping the bore to .030 over , as soon as he gets the pistons he'll finish the boring and honing . I'm having him assemble a short block with oiling modification , crank and pistons then i'll finish it .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1982 Checkmate Diplomat
( / Boats)

1982 Checkmate Diplomat
06-23-2017

Classic 1954 Herters Boat