Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with value of this Clipper

Re:Help with value of this Clipper 10 years 1 month ago #89886

buguy,

ONE reason that many of us "back in the day" took our windshield OFF & stored it is that they were REALLY hard to crawl over to disembark over the nose. - Falling overboard in the winter-time isn't my favorite activity.

I don't know but suspect that's the main reason that windshield LATER had "doors" installed.

I suspect that you will have LITTLE trouble in finding one or a matched pair of 1960 OB. - They aren't that hard to find or to "re-hab".

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Help with value of this Clipper 10 years 1 month ago #89904

• buguy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah I guess I could just pull it off. Or maybe its just not the right boat for me if that is important. Or maybe put the batman windscreens on like i saw here somewhere on a different boat.

Re:Help with value of this Clipper 10 years 1 month ago #89914

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The FeatherCraft Clipper was rated for 70, 80, 90 and 100hp depending on the year catalog you look at. I have one that is rated for 90hp.

al lockhart wrote:

That poor Feather Craft has been seriously altered. The original seating is missing, the floor is all wrong and the fishing seats just are wrong on so many levels! The transom has been altered to hold a motor that is too big for the boat and may cause you insurance problems when you ask for coverage. The price isn't bad for the combo but as a Feather Craft guy I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole, lots of better originals out there for similar money. Go to feathercraft.net for all the info you could hope for on these fine craft. I have 3 of them and may add a 4th soon
Al

Re:Help with value of this Clipper 10 years 1 month ago #89986

Both my boats, '59 Malibu and '57 Duratech copy were/are used mostly on saltwater. I wash them down properly with hot water & soap without salt, then use an anti-corrosion spray called ACF-50, is used for aircraft, but a lot of the guys over here use it on their Albatross boats.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)