• Page:

TOPIC: Late 50s ShoreLandR

Late 50s ShoreLandR 9 years 9 months ago #97345

• djkonen
  • djkonen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been doing river trials with a 1960 18' Alumacraft I've recently reworked. She came with a late 50s ShoreLandr trailer. I'm 58 years old in fair condition but I'm wondering if you boat guys can provide some ideas for making single handed launch and landing easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Late 50s ShoreLandR 9 years 9 months ago #97360

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've got a 50' line (originally an anchor rope I believe) I tie to the bow hook and loop the other end around the winch post before backing in the last few feet. Just after the trailer fenders go under water I tap the brake gently, and the boat slides off the trailer. Pull up a couple feet to get the rope off the winch stand, and pull the boat over to the dock to tie it up while I park the truck.

For loading out I put the trailer in just deep enough so that the fender tops are just barely under water, and drive to boat onto the trailer. Then as you climb up and over the bow hook the winch strap up as you're getting back up to the rear bumper of the truck, and out you go. (Don't forget to raise the outboard.)

Hope this helps DJ, it works for me. ;)

Mark

Re:Late 50s ShoreLandR 9 years 9 months ago #97368

Due to the currents in places I go my boat would end up in the mud if I did that. So I go in just to where the boat starts lifting off the bunks and grab my bow line and unclip my winch and push. It slides right off. Getting it back on is just as simple by pushing the boat back out and pulling it back on the bunks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8825 guests and no members online