Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice

Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice 9 years 11 months ago #93843

Saw this B,M &T on C/L and bought it based on the one picture in the listing. Need it to restore for my Alumacraft FD14. Picked it up the next day and found all the rollers, tower, winch, shocks, springs etc. original and usable. From the info in this library it seems to be a "57. The Tee Nee badges were on the winch tower but one side disintegrated when I touched it. The other came off ok but is fragile. Gonna look for replicas. Trailer is straight and rode the hundred miles home as good as any I have. Going to totally disassemble, blast and powder coat. Problem is I like the Seamaid and Sea King/Gale/OMC 12 hp that came on it. Might need another trailer. Never heard of Seamaid but it's an A1430 Sea Champ. Quite an impressive boat. Right up there with Alumacraft. Rated for a 35hp. Anyway, this forum has been a great help. Any suggestions for restoration would be appreciated.

Jim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice 9 years 11 months ago #93845

Dang, can't get this img thing strait.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice 9 years 11 months ago #93851

AlumaFD,

WELCOME ABOARD.

NEAT boat/Gale 12 OB, too.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice 9 years 11 months ago #93856

Great pic up !!

Larry just did a trailer like this with the imron paint. Check out pics and give him a shout with any questions. He does awsome work and the pics he posted show. I powder coated my tee nee and it turned out well. Only problem with powder coating is the color options not many different shades like the paint options. You'll figure it out an good luck !! Keep us updated

Travis

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:Tee Nee '57 ??? Need restoration advice 9 years 11 months ago #93861

Thanks, will post some pics after rehab. This is the boat the trailer will carry. I have a '57 Lark and am restoring a '56 Javelin. This Alumacraft converts to a fishing boat so may use the Sea king to push it.

AlumaFD
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7653 guests and one member online