Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone identify the make of this trailer?

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135181

I am a new member to your site but I have been enjoying it for a few days now. One of your members recommended that I might post some pictures to see if anyone might be able to nail down the make and model of my newest purchase. I found the boat, trailer, and a truck in a field this year while deer hunting in Northern Wisconsin. I was able to purchase the items from the grand daughter of the original owner. Boat and trailer are being fully restored at this time. Initially I believed that the trailer was a Tee Nee, but now I know that it is not. Unfortunately, I have no other information on it. I would like to have it as close to original as possible so any input from the members would be quite helpful. The gents doing the restore job will media blast, prime and paint the trailer and replace all hardware and lights.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135205

Update. Trailer now being readied for blast.. Still looking for information about the make and model. Perhaps I should offer a small reward for whomever can identify it.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135206

Is it possible it is homemade?

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135212

It could be homemade. If it is, somebody did a pretty good job of it. Restorers want to know what color to paint it. I'd figured just paint it to match whatever color the factory painted it. I never considered it might be a home made job. They will look at it closely when they blast it for maker's marks on it.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135224

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Radar5667, have you checked out the Glassic Library for the make of your trailer? There are extensive listings with pics and particulars listed there, might be worth a try?
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Main_Page
You'll find the trailers listed all the way over to the right. I remember seeing something similar quite a while back, good luck in finding the info you're looking for.

Mark

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135240

Thank you for the tip about the library. I found these images where you recommended I look for them. What do you think? Is my trailer related to one of these?

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 2 months ago #135272

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I didn’t see the images attached. The trailer looks highly engineered and would think it was manufactured... but I do see plenty of fabricators on here as well as my personal friend who can meet or exceed manufacturing quality. Just looks like more parts than an average person would want to do back in the 50s in a home shop. Just some thoughts from someone who knows little. I have seen this concept on a few trailers, but not this actual one. Looks like a bottom tube got ground by road rash. I can picture both the boat and car packed heavy for a fishing trip and with the lower hitch, it may have been hitting the road at big bump locations.

Dr.Go!

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 1 month ago #135573

So, I am back at the computer and here are the trailer images I found on the FiberGlassics site that most closely resemble the mystery trailer.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 1 month ago #135574

Well, it seems hopeless to attach the images I found on the FiberGlassics site of trailers looking closely related to the one I found. Here are the pictures of the trailer before and after.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 1 month ago #135575

Ok, a little image resizing and now I believe the images from FiberGlassics Library will load. These were the closest trailers I could find to the one I got with my '51 Alumacraft Model R. Still not sure what I have, but the springs and fenders look pretty similar to the ones I found on the site.

Attachments:

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 1 month ago #135576

The boys at the shop located a pipe with a matching inside diameter to the existing pipe with the road rash on the bottom side of the trailer. They split the pipe lengthwise in their shop, prepared all the surfaces, then welded the half pipe to cover and reinforce the damaged section. It ended up not being any more expensive to powder coat the trailer than paint it so after it was blasted and primed, it went for powder coat. They did same repair to both sides of the trailer so the symmetry was maintained. This turned out to be a great way to repair that rash and still keep it looking very original.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 6 years 1 month ago #135616

I think it looks great.

Can anyone identify the make of this trailer? 4 years 11 months ago #139176

I just bought an old Bluestar boat and my trailer looks the same. I can find no markings on it anywhere. My registration says
it's a Fulton but i believe it to be made up. I will put pictures on when i dig it out of the snow. Maybe a "load king"?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)

noimage
03-17-2024

Thunderbird Apache 1956 hardtop
( / Boats)