Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee trailer Restore

Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128502

Hi Everybody. Very first post here. Thanks for the opportunity. I am soon to drive 5 hours and pick up my original TEENee trailer. I know it needs lights, neww bearings and tires. I will tear it down and then completely restore it. Any suggestions are appreciated...where to get parts?....anything to watch out for?...any advice? It will then haul my 1960 Crestliner that will then undergo a complete restore as well. Thanks to all. Mike in Tulsa, OK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128503

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome aboard, tee nee trailers are cool. How about some pictures of you boat, we all like pictures. I have a 1959 crestliner. Greg

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128512

Yes, pics will be posted.

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128522

Yes we are easily entertained with pics. Love to see your trailer.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128527

I was able to locate and order tires today and they should arrive mon/tues. I will travel on wed to pick up the trailer. I have learned that there were different types of TeeNee trailers so I will be posting pics so maybe someone can tell me where this trailer ranks.

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128671

Pics Need to find tail lights and rubber on top of fenders. Any directions?

I haven't seen any images with the side bunks like these. I think they were probably added later. Don't know about the bottom bunks? Seems like they would keep the boat from rocking side to side. The seller said it was a 1959 model. Here are the early pics...Nope. I do not know how to load the pics from my photos file Please help Thanks

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128674

Tee Nee mostly ran 530/12 tires if it's a 59 model the rims will be four bolt and have clips on them. As far as I know there smaller trailers have a one inch axel or spindle. Bearing kits are easy to come by. when you pick the trailer up I would lift each side give the tire a spin and listen for a gravely noise or any noise from the bearings. A little noise is not terrible on an empty trailer but if you have a load they may get hot. Pull it down the road for ten miles get out and give it the finger test. Touch to see how warm the hub is. Warm is ok but hot and you may eat a bearing on the road. No fun. Also when you are listening to the bearings check the tires for dry rot or cracks in them.
Oh I would take an inch and seven eights ball and a two inch ball. Some trailers will have a two inch coupler. A set of magnetic lites is the easiest and fastest way to have lights that work.
.if you send me a picture I can look the trailer up and most likely tell you the year and model.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 5 months ago #128687

I saw your name on another post somewhere where you stated the trailer looked like one of your restorations. Thank you for replying here and I am very grateful that you have so much knowledge and experience to share about these trailers.The trailer had 48/12 tires and I purchased a set before going to get the trailer. You are right about the bearings, 1 inch, and they were replaced before the new tires went onwith the four bolts.Ball is 1 7/8 and a magnetic light kit brought it home. You were right on Cool. I have tried posting pics but no luck yet on learning the procedure correctly. I am going to send you pics to the email address you posted. Thanks so much again Mike

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 4 months ago #128891

OK Need some instructions on how to upload photos. Please and Thank you
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer Restore 7 years 4 months ago #128893

scroll down to support in the main forum...there is a section in the yellow area that covers posting pics

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8506 guests and no members online